Any Recent Dawn Bermuda/bahamas Cruisers?

plcruiser

If anyone has been on the recent Dawn Bermuda/Bahamas cruise, I just have a few questions:

How was the food? Could you recommend which nights to choose for the main seating restaurants?

Did you go on any of the excursions? If so, how were they?

What time did you get on board the ship?

Thank you.

Plcruiser,

How was the food? Could you recommend which nights to choose for the main seating restaurants?You can view the menus for the entire week in the main lobby, when you board. Decide for yourself.

Did you go on any of the excursions? If so, how were they?No, we've been to both ports before so we toured on our own. In Bermuda we shopped at Kings Wharf and spent time at the Snorkel Park. If you want to venture out, take the ferry to Hamilton, or go to Horseshoe Bay beach by taxi or bus. In Bahamas, you can take a taxi to Atlantis, or shop in Nassau, on your own.

What time did you get on board the ship? We arrived at 11 AM (5/20/06, 3 ships in port), and they started priority boarding at 12:30 and we were on board by 1 PM.

Just got off the Dawn this morning. Great cruise.

The food was very good, no complaints. Keep in mind Thursday night's menu consists of both lobster and chateaubriand, so if you like either of those (or both) you will want to dine in one of the dining rooms, all of which will be very busy that night.

Did not purchase excursions because we've never been to Bermuda so we just took a bus to Horseshoe Beach, then Hamilton. Great Stirrup Cay is just a beach and bbq outing on a private island. In Nassau, took a cab to Atlantis at night and walked around town in the morning.

Got on board around 1:45 and able to get into our cabin by 2pm.

I don't remember the exact items for every night because we ate in most of the specialty restaurants, but I do know there is usually a pasta, fish, beef / steak, and vegetarian entree.

Here's the cuisine breakdown from the Freestyles for this itinerary on the week of 5/20-5/27:

Sat: No specific cuisine. (I had the prime rib)

Sun: French Dinner (Formal night)

Mon: Chef's Dinner

Tues: Italian Dinner

Wed: Caribbean Dinner (For entrees, I had the Sweet Potato Quiche, my partner had the crouton-encrusted tilapia. The tilapia was very good, the quiche was so so. Oxtail Stew was another entree, but overall nothing that sounded too enticing)

Thur: Captain's Gala (Lobster Night - Be sure to request extra lobster tails if you like them. I was the only one at my table with 3 tails while everyone else received only 1 and wanted more after.)

Fri: Freestyle Dinner

Archived