Miracle TV's

grannyc

This will be our first cruise.....17 family members and some were wondering about the ability to hook up a Xbox or playstation to the tv. Our 12 yr grandson would like to play if he ever gets bored (told him that won't happen) and since I have never cruised I have no idea about the capabilities of the tvs..............

Any help appreciated!!! Also we are sailing on July 2nd out of Tampa and grandkids...ages....17...14.....12 are hoping for lots of kids to hang with. The 14 yr old will be 15 within 2 weeks of our cruise....do you think they will allowed her into the 15-17 yr old group with her older sister? Or are they really stickler for the age thing?

We are so excited ......this is our 50th anniversary gift to our family and hoping for a great cruise......... hopefully turning everyone into cruise addicts for many years of fun.

Love these boards for all the valuable info.....thanks to all!!!

I can't help you with the TV but I can tell you our experience on the Miracle with teens. My daughter was 15 and her friend was still 14 but both freshman in HS. The friends mother had planned to ask the counselors if she could go with the 15 and over group. They went to the teen meeting on the first afternoon together and the 14 y/o was never even questioned about her age. Her mother didn't speak to the counselors. After that first meeting tho, the girls didn't participate in any of the organized teen activities. They just went to the disco during the teen hours which was for ages 12 and up so her age wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Thanks Heidi...........

I kind of thought I'd tell the girls to just hang together and not bring up any age questions and see what happens. So you just verified what I had been thinking. Did your daughter have a good time? Any particular shore excursions that they liked?

Being newbies it's hard to make decisions........this will be a real learning experience but one we are looking forward to!!!

I was on the same sailing as Heidi with six teens, they had a blast....

favorite excursions----

Cayman-Reef and Wreck Snorkel or the Butterfly Farm/Beach Break...

Cozumel-didn't do an excursion just went to Paradise Beach and they loved it...

Belize-all did the Cave Tubing and had a good time...

Costa Maya-Dolphin Swim or Extreme Speed Boats and over to Majahual ....

The kids said they wouldn't have changed anything on the cruise....

But I would take early seating for dinner as not to have them miss the teen activities.... also allows for much less down time (to get bored) otherwise there isn't much going from 5-8pm for them....

Ours were pretty much never bored....

Thanks Heidi...........

I kind of thought I'd tell the girls to just hang together and not bring up any age questions and see what happens. So you just verified what I had been thinking. Did your daughter have a good time? Any particular shore excursions that they liked?

Being newbies it's hard to make decisions........this will be a real learning experience but one we are looking forward to!!!

My kids had a blast. I also had my 17 y/o son with us. We used independent tour operators. Did the stingrays in GC. My kids loved it. Went on our own in Coz and went to Paradise Beach. There we went to the beach next door for para sailing and it was fantastic. In Belize we did the cave tubing. We liked it for awhile but my daughter and I got cold. My son and husband were fine. In Costa Maya we just went to Majahual and stayed on the beach. My son rented a wave runner. We loved every port and the ship.

Congrats on the anniversary! You all will have a great time. I would encourage the kids to go to the teen center the first night. That's when all of the clics get formed. The age thing won't even come up and if it does the younger one should tell them that she is 15. Have a great time!

event.png

Archived