Pacific Sun - they've changed our cabin

Brushtail

Hello everyone,

We have been booked on N618 Pacific Sun for 5 months in Cabin U190 (inside cabin on Upper Deck - deck 6).

I checked our booking summary on the P & O website yesterday afternoon, as you do, and I was amazed to see that we have been moved up to Empress deck - deck 7. :eek:

We still have an inside cabin and it isn't a real problem.

But I was surprised at this. I wonder why the change?

We are hopeful of an outside cabin, this is what we really wanted but our TA booked the inside one - without asking us - because it was cheap. She said we had an 80% chance of an upgrade to an outside one. I hope she is right.

How funny to have been so attached to 'our cabin' for 5 months without seeing it or anything. :)

Everything else is the same, dinner sitting, table size etc.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

Not long to go now.

Jenny :) :)

>^..^<

Thats good you got an upgrade, i checked mine and ours are the same, but am happy with it as its the one we chose.

Did you prebook and shore tours?

Not long now. Got to start sorting stuff out soon.

hi brush tail. I dont think I have read of many changes since I came onto the boards. You read a lot about them on the overseas boards. Being 1 deck higher a few less stairs to climb to get to all the fun you will have. How is your packing going? have you booked any excursions? How many going in your party? We go next feb and have booked e116. hope they dont move us. Hoping the weather will be kind to you.

We've booked the Ekasup Cultural tour at Vila and we are on the 10.45am one.

We tried to book my husband into the Luganville Relics of WWII tour but there is a waiting list........:eek: (who else would want to see that??) :D

We are starting to give the house a spring clean today and starting to get some stuff together this afternoon.

We have bags of things around the house that we have bought over the last few months, eg: reef shoes, snorkels and masks, a fold up shoe bag hangy thing that people said we must have, mesh laundry bag, plastic leis from Go-Lo, plastic drink containers in the shape of a palm tree from Sparties for Island night....etc.....

Oooh, getting closer. People at work are starting to get jealous. How good is that? :p

There is only my husband Phil, and myself going.

>^..^<

Yep, first dinner for us.

We are both working right up to the cruise as well. Plus I am working next weekend, so this weekend is for cleaning up the house and starting to pack.

We will be cruising in 2 weeks.......:D :D Yay!!

Of course, I keep stopping the cleaning to check the board and emails. But hey, it is Saturday and a day off. Besides, the vacuuming isn't going anywhere. ;)

>^..^<

Hello everyone,

We have been booked on N618 Pacific Sun for 5 months in Cabin U190 (inside cabin on Upper Deck - deck 6).

I checked our booking summary on the P & O website yesterday afternoon, as you do, and I was amazed to see that we have been moved up to Empress deck - deck 7. :eek:

We are hopeful of an outside cabin, this is what we really wanted but our TA booked the inside one - without asking us - because it was cheap. She said we had an 80% chance of an upgrade to an outside one. I hope she is right.

How funny to have been so attached to 'our cabin' for 5 months without seeing it or anything. :)

Not long to go now.

>^..^<

Hi Jenny

Believe me, once on board you will be thankfull for fewer stairs to climb. We booked inside Riviera (cheapest). I also wanted an upgrade to an outside cabin & 3 weeks before sailing found out we'd been upgraded to inside Upper. I said all along that I would have preferred an outside cabin on same deck as opposed to inside cabin on higher deck. However, once on board, I was very thankfull we were 2 decks higher (we never used the lifts). Next time we're going to book an outside cabin.

Karen

Hi all just checking in, yes the stairs are killing me!. The lifts are so slow to come.Did the Ekarup tour the other day ,it was really good. You will love it...Brenda

Hello everyone,

Not long to go now.

>^..^<

Yes, on my 3 night cruise on Pacific Sun, in March, I was upgraded from a four berth room to a twin room. Still on rivieria dexk and still an inside cabin though.

I went with a friend and we had booked a four berth, to share with strangers and we were at a table for 6 on our booking documents.

A few months before the cruise, on the cruise personaliser, it had been changed to a twin room and we were at a table of 10. It was great and we enjoyed having our own room!:)

thanks! how are you?

Time has just flown since our cruises!! :D

I'm great thanks, what about you? And yes, the time has flown. I can hardly remember being on there:(. Looking forward to the next one, hopefully April '08.

Karen

thanks strawberrypatch that answered my question! I noticed on our personaliser it had us moved up a deck and also in a twin room outside, We also were to share a 4 berth. I was hoping it wasnt a mistake:eek:

Were next brushtail and pommiepom!!!!:D

I know, Icemaiden. Isn't it great?

We are starting to get really excited.

Have a look at my posting titled "The Sun coming into Sydney - 6.25am"

Take your alarm clock. :)

>^..^<

Hello everyone,

Not long to go now.

>^..^<

Hi Jenny,

As a TA that is an Elite agent for P&O I can tell you there are several reasons why P&O move people. Often it is because they need to keep family groups together. If only two people are booked in a quad cabin it could be that P&O needed a quad cabin.

When it gets closer to sailing date if a ship is not full P&O will bring out specials and they will put people that paid the lower fares in the lower grade cabins and upgrade people that booked earlier and paid higher fares.

It is however very unusual for people to be upgraded from an inside to an outside unless they were already in one of the higher inside categories so I am a bit surprsied your agent said there was an 80% chance of an upgrade to an outside cabin.

If in the future you want an outside cabin I would always suggest you book it, do not hope for an upgrade from an inside to an outside. Another word of advice, if you are very happy with the cabin you book and would not want to be changed make sure your TA knows this and tells P&O as there is the ability to remark the booking as "do not want an upgrade" and this means P&O will do theor best not to move you.

Hope that helps.

Debra

Cruise Vacations

Archived