Insurance

woodman813

I'm not sure if it is too late for carnival, but DH and I got insurance through insure my trip dot com much cheaper than carnival was wanting through our ta. We got the travelex travel-lite policy. Covers just about anything you can think of, and we paid for 3 people the price Carnival wanted for 1 person. We sail June 18th, and got our insurance last Saturday, so I am sure it is not too late.:)

I have used www.travelinsured.com for past cruises and have purchased it for my next two. Although they have a website, I phone my request in, so I can speak with a live person and receive a confirmation number. As of yet, I have been very pleased with their service and have no problem recommending them to others. Please remember that if you getting insurance, pay attention to when you have to purchase the insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. That's a biggie. The rates that they offer are very reasonable for comprehensive insurance, but always read the fine print. =) Hope that helps a bit!:)

If you have already made your final payment then it is too late for a policy that covers pre-existing medical conditions. But for future reference and for anyone else who hasn't made final payment here is a post you might be interested in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6651163&postcount=4

Most plans will only cover pre-existing medical conditions if taken out within a few days after booking your cruise. The policy talked about in the above link will cover them if taken out within 24 hrs after final payment.

John

Archived