How early is too early to board in Tampa?

[size=3][color=black]How early is too early? Last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral and boarded around 11:30am. We got to the port around 11am. Is this too early for the Port of Tampa? I want to get on the ship as quickly as possible so that we can savor every moment. :D [/color][/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]I am doing last minute shopping this week, even though we leave in 3 weeks, I am self employed and work at 2 businesses so these 3 weeks will fly by. I am soooo looking forward to this trip, DH and I figured it will be a couple of years before we can cruise again. I hope it is the best!:p [/size]

We sailed Sensation just a few weeks ago & arrived at the port just before noon. We were in "group 6" as far as boarding order (which means lots of people arrived before us). They started boarding promptly at 12:30 with group 1 & every 5-7 minutes allowed the next group to begin boarding. We were on the ship by 1pm.
I think you can get there as early as you want. Obviously, the earlier you get there the lower "group #" you will have. When we disembarked on Monday morning, we were getting off the ship & heading to the parking garage about 9:40am & there were people already lined up outside the terminal waiting to get in! I was jealous!

Archived