Departing at 11:00PM????

offwego

We are taking the 11 day pacific costal out of Vancouver and it says th departure s at 11:00 PM -- is that odd? What time would we actually be able to board and for my teens sake, is there food available?

Karla

Karla:

I just checked the Star's last Alaska cruise, and it ends in Seattle on the morning you're leaving. That day is just the opposite of the first day of the Star's and the Sun's first Alaska sailings, when both ships ended their repo cruises in Vancouver and sailed down to Seattle to begin their first Alaska voyages.

We were on the Sun's first cruise and were scheduled to leave at 10:00 p.m. and board at 7:00 p.m. We actually did begin boarding at 7:00 and left some time around 10:30.

After boarding, you can always order from room service, and the Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours for great fast food. However, you might want to feed the teens before you leave Vancouver. Is there anything worse than a hungry teen?

And they are twins so 2 hungry teens would be REALLY bad LOL

I was hoping one of the restaurants would be opened like it was when we sailed on the Spirit -- we got on around 11:30am and there was lunch at one sit down restaurant and the buffet serving lunch. Do you think they will have this avalable but with dinner?

The kids are thrilled though to have a lot of time to explore Vancouver so that is an added bonus!

Karla

Karla, I sure hope so, but I just don't know. We got to board very early (we had a mini-suite with priority boarding); I'm not sure what those folks who boarded around 10:00 p.m. did. For our sailing, we were checked in at the Seattle Convention Center in order to avoid crowding Pier 66 in Seattle Center. Everyone was given boarding numbers as they arrived. If you hear that they are doing something similar in Vancouver, you should probably get to the Pier early, check in and then leave to see some more of the sights.

Archived