Ocean Vineyard Wine Auction

EMS8

I attended an Ocean Vineyard wine auction while onboard Century in February and purchased 15 bottles of wine. 12 weeks later I had still not received the wine and asked Ocean Vineyard to refund my purchase price. I received a full refund check today with a very nice letter of apology. It is nice to see a company that will do the right thing when they can't follow up with a purchase. Will I ever attend another Ocean Vineyard wine auction? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Nor would I recommend to any Celebrity passenger they attend an Ocean Vineyard wine auction.

I just attened the vineyard at sea on the Millie. It was the worse attended auction. They even tried to promote it at a select/elite event. It still did not go over big. The more wine auctions the less attended. I feel that people were looking for better prices then they were offering. I know that new things much catch on so I will see over time has this progresses. INHO if they let us taste some of the wine then maybe bidding would of been better. A taste goes a long way.

There always seems to be numerous problems with Ocean Vineyards and you really have to be brave to deal with them. Lots of problems with non-shipment of goods, broken bottles and charges to your stateroom account for things you never purchased. I find it's better to avoid OV auctions. You can buy the wine they offer at better prices at most liquor stores at home.

i like wine but am not overly knowledgable. the same with cigars. i passed their catalogues around to some friends who profess to be experts on wine and cigars. they thought it was a ripoff. prices way too high and then the premium and shipping charges to boot. they couldn't believe there were no vintages listed in the catalogue for the wines. i watched a little of the auction, and the vintages were never mentioned. i guess they will be gone before too long.:)

Badger, I hope you are right. I have written a letter to Dan Hanrahan at Celebrity voicing my displeasure about Ocean Vineyard. I'll see if I get a response from X.

Archived