princess or RCCL

cruisin73

we are planning to take a cruise to the southern carribean in January we will be bringing our then 6 year old son. I have a few questions for those whom have traveled with both lines

1. which kids program is better?

2. do they have in cabin babysitting for late night?

3. how late is the kids program open?

4. Does princess have assigned dinner times?

5. the last cruise we took was on a 138,000 ton ship princess has smaller ships am I going to notice the difference. ( I like the bigger ships)

thanks for the responses.

we are planning to take a cruise to the southern carribean in January we will be bringing our then 6 year old son. I have a few questions for those whom have traveled with both lines

1. which kids program is better?Probably rc

2. do they have in cabin babysitting for late night? yes both do

3. how late is the kids program open? till 10 on rc, till one but you have to pay (late night party)

4. Does princess have assigned dinner times? yes I think so

5. the last cruise we took was on a 138,000 ton ship princess has smaller ships am I going to notice the difference. ( I like the bigger ships)

thanks for the responses.Yes most probably, but as long as it is 90,000+ you should be alright

Hope that helps

4. Does princess have assigned dinner times?

Hey, cruisin:

We're going on our first Princess sailing this summer, so I can answer a few of your questions:

I don't believe they have in-cabin babysitting (that's not an issue for us, so I haven't check into whether they have), but they do have babysitting in the kids' camp from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

It's open until 10 p.m. There's an hourly charge of $5 (I think) between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m.

4. Does princess have assigned dinner times? Princess has both traditional seatings (assigned times) and Anytime Dining. When you book your cruise, you choose which one you would like. Book early if you want first seating in traditional--it's very popular!

As far as which program is the best, I have no experience with them so don't know. I've heard great things about both programs. My DD (she'll be 11 when we sail) is so looking forward to the kid's camp on Princess. She has always loved Camp Carnival, and I'm sure she'll love the Princess children's program as well. We found a link to the guide for kids her age and she was very excited about the different activities they offer (especially disecting a squid!!).

I'm sure your son would enjoy either children's program. If I were you, I'd make my choice based upon itinerary, size of ship, etc.

Happy cruising!

Jayne

Archived