Golden Cruise Director

kguth125

I forget his name. We were on Carib Golden sailing in March. Did not care for him at all. The Assistant was much better. This guy had attitude like you wouldn't believe. A few of us were talking with him and suggested that a certain band they had on board should see a little more "air time." He responded by saying he liked the other band better.

We also noticed that he paid much more attention to the Young and the Restless types, forgetting others. I am not saying he should have taken a little old lady to dinner, but they paid their fare too.:mad:

I did ask him how long he has worked in this capacity for Princess and he replied "one year." I guess maybe a few kicks in the old pants from his Captain may help him out eventually.

I never rely on the CD anyway, but do enjoy the types of things they put together for the crowds. I guess you can read between the lines:D and figure out that he was not my fav.:rolleyes:

Hope it's not Omar. We were on the Golden this past April and he's terrible. Stu, the assistant director is much better and you see more of him than you do Omar.

Does anyone know who will be the cruise director on The Golden Princess in Europe this summer? Thanks in Advance. KG in Tennessee

I am not saying who it will be, but it is strange, but for us on five of our last six cruises, we have had Frank C. from San Diego as our CD. Each time was a different ship (Regal / Tahitian B2B / Grand / Dawn) in different parts of the world (Canada / Tahiti B2B / Europe / Mexico).

I asked him when we were on the Dawn if he will be on the Golden in Aug. He said he did not know where he will be, but with our history I would not be surprised if he is. ;)

That CD was probably Omar, who used to be with Royal Caribbean. His assistant was probably "Good ole Stu".

We were on the Golden in December and it was Omar. Worst CD in the Princess Fleet. They can loose this guy....last thing I heard was that Stu was now on the Regal. Heard this from an Assistant CD on the Dawn in March.

Hi we were on the golden last summer and the CD was Richard Joseph and his Asst was Tim. We are going again this summer and are also curious to who is going to be the CD, it would be great if Tim was on again hes o much fun and very knowlegeable about ports:)

Bef and Family

Liverpool,

We get off the Golden the day you are boarding.:(

Twice I have e-mailled the Golden C.D.(via Princess UK) to ask for a "party" for our roll call and have had no response whatsoever. We too were on the Golden last year and Richard really did our Meet & Mingle group proud. He was the host with the most. Don't like the sound of Omar much so I hope he has been transferred elsewhere by July.:D

We will be on the Golden for the Transatlantic cruise Nov.29, 2006. Cruise Critic member, Richard Joseph, was our CD on our Island Princess cruise 2/05 and he went out of his way to make our trip memmorable. I am so hoping that Richard will be the CD of the Nov cruise as well. He has been on the Golden in the past and I sure am hoping he will be again for our next cruise.

Hope it's not Omar. We were on the Golden this past April and he's terrible. Stu, the assistant director is much better and you see more of him than you do Omar.

I totally agree. Omar was the CD on the Golden in November and he was certainly the worst CD I have had in 10 cruises. Just plain incompetent and he has a huge ego, why I don't know. Too bad Princess doesn't get the message about him from these posts.

Liverpool,

We get off the Golden the day you are boarding.:(

Twice I have e-mailled the Golden C.D.(via Princess UK) to ask for a "party" for our roll call and have had no response whatsoever. We too were on the Golden last year and Richard really did our Meet & Mingle group proud. He was the host with the most. Don't like the sound of Omar much so I hope he has been transferred elsewhere by July.:D

Hi blackpool belle thank for trying to find out, ill try and find out some way. What a shame we will not meet you. We arnt really keen on the sound of Omar either. We would really like Richard to be C.D :)

Mark, helen & Bethany

We arnt really keen on the sound of Omar either

Eeekkk! Neither am I. I haven't read anything positive yet. :eek:

PS: Mark - I will be on the second leg of your B2B trip... there are 75 of us on the roll call at the last count... quite a party. BTW my husband originally hails from your neck of the woods (a true Blue) and both my sons are currently studying at Liverpool University. Hope to see you on board.

Laura

hi laura im afraid we will not be able to meet you we dont think but its not certain yet because were having cabin problems and my partner Helen is having an operation. So unless things change we dont know if we will be onboard or not. I will post closer to the time if we will be onboard or not. But we will definatly be onboard on the 31st july:)

mark, helen and Bef

We were on the Golden in December and it was Omar. Worst CD in the Princess Fleet. They can loose this guy....last thing I heard was that Stu was now on the Regal. Heard this from an Assistant CD on the Dawn in March.

Stu is NOT on Regal Princess (thank heavens) and won’t be in the near future – I believe he’s slated to remain on Golden Princess until September.

We had Omar S.J.-N.Y. and I didn't see any problem with him. He was easy to understand and was always happy.

I agree, Donna5. We were on the same cruise as you. I don't see why Omar and Stu are being treated so harshly. I enjoyed them and always got a laugh out of their "Morning Show".

mollyanne:)

We were just on Golden transatlantic May6th with Omar as CD. He was fine. Remember CD's do a lot of behind the scenes coordination. So since all the entertainment was great and everything ran on schedule I attrilbute that to Omar.

Just returned from a 2 week Mediterranean/Greek Island cruise on the Golden that started May 22 and ended June 2, 2006. The head cruise director WAS Omar that previous messages have mentioned. I agree with other postings . . . He was the worst CD on any cruise I've been on - (6). The rest of the staff were very good. In fact on my comments form that Princess passes out I stated that he was the most "invisible" CD I've ever seen. The first 10 days we saw him 4 times and that was to introduce the performance in the Princess Theatre (2 of those time we didn't actually "see" him, he was announcing only. The last day at sea (end of cruise) he seemed to be everywhere. So to answer your question I would guess that Omar will be the summer CD on Golden.

Just returned from a 2 week Mediterranean/Greek Island cruise on the Golden that started May 22 and ended June 2, 2006. The head cruise director WAS Omar that previous messages have mentioned. I agree with other postings . . . He was the worst CD on any cruise I've been on - (6). The rest of the staff were very good. In fact on my comments form that Princess passes out I stated that he was the most "invisible" CD I've ever seen. The first 10 days we saw him 4 times and that was to introduce the performance in the Princess Theatre (2 of those time we didn't actually "see" him, he was announcing only. The last day at sea (end of cruise) he seemed to be everywhere. So to answer your question I would guess that Omar will be the summer CD on Golden.

I posted this on another thread in not so few words, but given the responsibilities a Cruise Director has, being visible isn’t any indication of the job he’s doing. In fact, if the Cruise Director is visible a lot, you can probably bet that someone is picking up his responsibilities.

Archived