Carnival Wedding

Hello all,

I've been on here before talking about a Princess wedding but because I can't stand the itins that Princess has and are now considering what Carnival has to offer on an 8 day cruise which is actually very interesting because we never even considered Carnival.

I would like some input on Carnival wedding and how it works. I look forward to your response.

Amber

I had a Carnival Wedding on May 29, 2006 in the port of NY aboard the Legend. We had an 8 day cruise. The ceremony was in a chapel and the reception in a piano bar. The reception had an open bar, no extra charge for top shelve items like RCCL. The buffett was replenished as fast as people ate. The package included a champagne toast (no extra charge). In addition to the buffett there were wait staff circulating with platters of finger foods. We paid extra for a piano player. The music added a very elegant touch.

We wnt to New York this weekend for our 1st aniversary to see the Legend. We arrived at the port at 10AM with champaigne. But, no Legend. She was delayed by 12 hours because a man jumped over board on the way bacj to NY. I was so glad that I was married last year in port with no delays!!!

http://maryandbobcruisewedding.shutterfly.com/

http://carnivallwegendwedding.shutterfly.com/action/?a=0BZM2zRq1YsXJQ

I was married on the Victory on April 23rd. Basically, the coordinators do all the planning and you will be given a few details the week of the wedding. There are different packages to select and options for upgrades (floral, limo, entertainment, etc.) in addition to the package. The ceremony is very very short. The reception can go up to an hour and a half and the service at the reception is good.

The prices are very competitive.

We just came back yesterday from our honeymoon on the Conquest!!

Our wedding was GREAT! So pretty and so much FUN. All our guest are still talking about it and loved it. We had NO problems and had NOTHING to worry about at all. The did a great job!!! I would love to do it all over again. I hear that on RC you get LESS for your money for the weddings, be careful about that! Ask me if you have any questions....I am here!

• 2 weeks later...

Please Help Me!!!! I Have Cruised W/ Carnival, But Just Got A Bad Taste In My Mouth By The Way I Was Treated!!! I Called To Get Prices On Dj, Photo's, Video, Additional Flowers, Etc. I Was Rudely Told That They Could Not Give Out The Price List Until I Booked A Cruise And Or Wedding With Them. How Do I Know What I Can Afford?!?! Rcl Gives A Price Lists On Their Web Site For Everything. Could You Give Me A Round About Figure For The Add. Things? Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

IF YOU GO ON CARNIVALS WEBSITE AND TYPE WEDDINGS IN THE SEARCH BOX YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A PRICE LIST.

Please Help Me!!!! I Have Cruised W/ Carnival, But Just Got A Bad Taste In My Mouth By The Way I Was Treated!!! I Called To Get Prices On Dj, Photo's, Video, Additional Flowers, Etc. I Was Rudely Told That They Could Not Give Out The Price List Until I Booked A Cruise And Or Wedding With Them. How Do I Know What I Can Afford?!?! Rcl Gives A Price Lists On Their Web Site For Everything. Could You Give Me A Round About Figure For The Add. Things? Thanks!!!

Thats the very same reason we ended up doing our wedding with a local planner in Jamaica TROPICAL WEDDINGS JAMAICA, the cruise want you to pay for something you dont know if you can afford or dont know what you will be getting.

Archived