Flying without parent in states

mkmom

Hi everyone. I have a question. Haven't travelled a lot and now have what is probably a stupid question. Next month, my daughter(10) is flying within the US with her Aunt to visit another Aunt. She doesn't have a passport yet, am in the process of obtaining them for our cruise in November, but they won't be in yet. What documentation does she need to fly without me in the US? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Stacy

My kids fly all the time with relatives and friends and I have never provided any thing. A few months ago, I wondered, so I wrote and signed a note giving the adult permission to travel with my child.

I almost always take them to the airport (on our end) and no one has ever said a word.

You may also want to consider a medical authorization form that would give her aunts permission to seek medical treatment for your child. Your pediatrician probably has a fill in the blanks one.

Thanks Lynn,

I did think about the medical release since we have left her at home with relatives before. My hubby and I are both taking her to the airport, but I will write a note authorizing her to travel with her aunt, since they have to transfer planes halfway and for the trip home. She is going to have a blast, I don't know how I am going to make it though! LOL

Thanks again,

STacy

Archived