Back from Holiday week 22-27

misstjb

This was our first cruise and we had an overall good experience. This boat was in excellent condition. I don't have anything to compare it to, but we had two others in our group who had both been on the Conquest. They thought everything was very comparable to the Holiday. They both thought the food was better on this ship as well. I would be glad to answer any questions about our cruise experience.;)

What cabin were you in? Glad to hear you had a good time. We have sailed the Holiday and LOVED IT. We have also sailed on the Conquest and loved her to. Hopefully, you will get a chance to sail a few more ships and then you will have a comparison level of your own.

But last I checked, I have loved them all! Fortunately I have not had a bad cruise experience.:rolleyes:

We were on the Empress deck in E-57 with a window. This was a very good location on the boat. Francesco from Nicaragua was our cabin steward. He was awesome and seemed to always be available. He said he was due to go home for a two month break after working six months. These people work incredibley hard!:D

How Was The Entertainment? Piano Bar, Karaoke, Shows?

Warning! Stay AWAY from the piano bar! Colin was awful! We were just on the Holiday last month - loved it - great ship, food, people. Karaoke was kinda dead most nights. Most people would find the shows good to excellent.

We went to both shows, Xtreme Country and Shout, and they were very well done! Colin, who plays the piano in Rick's Cafe is so-so. I went there a few times in the evening. It would be the place to go if you want quit time. The bartender was very good though. I visited with her as well. The singer at the Bus Stop Bar, Pat, was very good. We chaperoned a group of high school graduates and they visited the karaoke lounge several times as well as the Reflections. They enjoyed both. The karaoke lounge is quiet large. I met one of the counselors for the 12-14 age group. She was working in the Carnegie Library/internet lounge one evening finishing up paperwork. She is from Australia and a really sweet girl. I did notice one day that they had the younger ones in the Reflection lounge by themselves. They had the lights low and the music goin' and they were just dancin' away. They were havin' a blast and it was really cute!

Archived