Living in Quebec City

Hello,

My name is Julie and I am living in a small town just outside Quebec City.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm planning on writing a LONG and DETAILED post of what would be the best way to see Quebec City for cruise ships travellers. I hope I can post it within 2-3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I will make sure to post within a week or so. Sorry for the delay, I have been very busy. Thank you for showing your interest, that will motivate me to work on it as soon as I can.

OceanQueen, I will make a special section to my post for an overnight stay in Quebec City, I am glad to see many ships staying here overnight, there is way too much to see for a single day. 2 days is a minimum for a good overview of our great city. If some people are here for one day only, it's OK too, but they have to make some difficult choices. Could you please tell me at what time you arrive in Quebec City and at what time you leave? I would make a schedule based on that.

JP

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I know... I'm late. I had so many things to do last weekend but this weekend is not supposed to be since my boyfriend is away. Come back here during the weekend, my review should be here.

Sorry for the delay.

Julie: Felecitations from Ontario!! This is a great start to introducing cruisers to one of the most beautiful and fascinating cities in Canada - La Belle Ville de Quebec. I cannot wait to see/read your recommendations on the rest of the old city, both Upper and Lower. If I may, I would also recommend that if time permits, visitors should try to take the evening/sunset cruise on the MV Jolliet that leaves the Lower City right across from the Place des Armes (?) near the place where the "big ships" dock. It is VERY busy with students in May and June, but the light show along La Promenade is wonderful after dark.

jp2001....Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this info for us. There is not that much information on the "ports of call' or the roll calls. I can't wait for more.

We want to rent a car for all day Sat and the evening then drive it to Montreal to catch our flight home. Any rental companies near the pier that you can recommend?

Thank You!!!

Archived