GCT - 7/27/06 - Eastern Europe to Black Sea

margaret a

Hi - Haven't gone with GCT but went with Vantage last year on their Holland to Hungary cruise. Re: dress code. We had two nights that they suggested dress up, men wore sport coats and ties (some without ties) and ladies either dresses or pant suits. We did another dress up night in addition to the suggested two. We celebrated our 44th anniversary.

Don't get too hung up on dress. Most nights we came back to the ship, went as we were dressed touring right to the bar then to the dinning room. Most did the same. Don't forget you probably will never see those people again and they feel the same. Some men just wore a golf shirt and slacks on the suggested dress up nights. Whatever you feel comfortable with. The important thing is to do what you want. Don't worry about the others.

Have a good time - and the wine is really great!!!! Willard

I traveled on GCT's Eastern Europe to the Black Sea last year and it was a great trip. Dress is casual for all meals. A few men wore sports coats at the captain's welcome dinner but they were in the minority. Which ship will you be on? The are all great. I've traveled on GCT's River Concerto, Ravel, Debussy, and Symphony.

I traveled on GCT's Eastern Europe to the Black Sea last year and it was a great trip. Dress is casual for all meals. A few men wore sports coats at the captain's welcome dinner but they were in the minority. Which ship will you be on? The are all great. I've traveled on GCT's River Concerto, Ravel, Debussy, and Symphony.

We will be on the MS River Adagio.

Thanks to both (rogerdawhip and npphotog) for the info!

Just got back from GCT Moscow to St. Petersburg and almost everyone wore the same clothes they wore during the day. A few changed for captains cocktail party but not a big deal. I wouldn't take extra clothes for it.

Hi,

Anyone else traveling on GCT on this date?

We are experienced ocean cruisers but this will be our first River Cruise. We are excited, but, wonder on the dress code.

I did this cruise last Aug. on the River Adagio. Like the others said, most wore the same thing to dinner as they had on all day. Only exception was the Capt.'s Farewell, some dressed a little better, but not fancy like on ocean cruises. A dress or slacks and pretty top will do. If you have any other questions, you can email me at caesker@hotmail.com.

Carole

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived