Wine Store near FFL pier?

mexico5

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question but I am a first time cruiser and was wondering if there was a wine store near where you get on the Star in Fort Lauderdale.

I am flying out of Calgary and it would be quite a long haul to bring wine from home.

Thanks!

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question but I am a first time cruiser and was wondering if there was a wine store near where you get on the Star in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks!

Found this information from another Cruise Critic.

Discounted Wine in Ft. Lauderdale

"Total Wine Spirits Beer & More" has recently opened in Ft. Lauderdale at 1906 Cordova Rd (Just off 17th Street Causeway next to the new Publix) Open 7 days a week. Not sure if posting prices is permitted, but I will say that there are some very good buys. Their ad states: 8,000 wines, 2,000 spirits, 1,000 beers. Wow!

I have not done a mapquest on this address, but 17th St is the main drag from the aiprort to the port.

Happy Cruzin

Total Wine is a 10-15 walk from the Rennaisance and is a great place to buy wine.. Prices are very resonable and the wine selection fantastic. I bought 5 bottles before my Panama cruise.

Thanks for the help! This might sound like a hill billy question, but do you think they sell wine in a box? No chance of me breaking it! I am rather clumsy....

If not, no problem. Just glad there is a store near by!

Is there hard liquor at the wine store? I know it works differently in different states--we live in Oregon and you can get wine and beer in the grocery store, but hard liquor is available for purchase only in a liquor store. Boy, was it a surprise when I moved to Arizona for a few years and there was hard liquor in the grocery store!

How does it work in Florida?

Thanks,

Jayne

Is there hard liquor at the wine store? I know it works differently in different states--we live in Oregon and you can get wine and beer in the grocery store, but hard liquor is available for purchase only in a liquor store. Boy, was it a surprise when I moved to Arizona for a few years and there was hard liquor in the grocery store!

How does it work in Florida?

Thanks,

Jayne

--But some albertsons have a liquor store sometimes next store the the grocery stores but hard liquor is bought from wine stores now or liquor stores and formerly all the walgreens were the big liquor stores next door to their stores but i think they discontinued this!

Crown Liquors has the best price and selection for wine and other spirits.Accross the street from Embassy Suites and around the corner.Just off 17th St.We usually pick up a case of wine from them before our cruises.

Thanks, guys.

We're staying at the Amerisuites on 17th. Is that close to Crown Liquors? I don't want to haul wine cross country! We're celebrating our anniversay and my birthday on our cruise.

Not that I would ever think of "smuggling" some tequila on board...;-)

thanks!

Jayne

Losuds--can you believe it? We're down to 60 days! See you there!

Thanks, guys.

We're staying at the Amerisuites on 17th. Is that close to Crown Liquors? I don't want to haul wine cross country! We're celebrating our anniversay and my birthday on our cruise.

thanks!

Jayne

Walk out the front door to 17th St and turn right.You will walk past the Embassy.When you get to the light,cross 17th and it will be on your left.About 2 blocks from Amerisuites.Don't go across to International liquors as they are consistently higher on every item.Good Luck!

Thanks, guys.

thanks!

Jayne

-----Tick Tick Tick

We will be arriving the day of the cruise at 10:45. Is there a particular store that sells wine that we sh ould ask our taxi driver to take us to on our way to the pier? Thanks!

Walk out the front door to 17th St and turn right.You will walk past the Embassy.When you get to the light,cross 17th and it will be on your left.About 2 blocks from Amerisuites.Don't go across to International liquors as they are consistently higher on every item.Good Luck!

Thanks, Johnmik! Sounds easy enough.

Archived