Celebrity air

nsshel

Anyone booked air thru Celebrity going to Barcelona? Is there a "good" flight to get there. I am surprised that airfares are about twice what X is charging according to several different websites. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Anything which does NOT have connecting service at Charles de Gaulle I consider a good flight!!

I'm sweating out my own X air for September.

I just received an air schedule for AMS rt. I couldn't have picked better flights myself. Thank you Air/Sea!

I strongly suggest using Celebrity Air. The biggest reason being, if for any reason that the flight is delayed, it is Celebrity's responsability to get you to the ship. They are also fairly competitive

They will fly you to the port to where the ship will be. Also they will put you up in a hotel and arrange for meals until you can join a departed ship at their expense.

If you are a Capitan's Club member you can use the custom air benifit for any airline at no additional cost except for any difference in price of air fare. There is usually a $35.00 to $50.00 cahrge for this option.

Good luck and enjoy you cruise. Barcelona is a fantastick city with a mix of old and new world architecture. Don't forget the camera. Kevin

Not personally familiar with Barcelona layout, but also consider value of airport transfers included in X air price if you can work them into your itnierary. Some inconvenience with waiting for 'bus loads' maybe. Our very reasonable X-air (+$35 custom add-on for selecting preferred nonstop flight 2 days later to acomdate extra time on-own in Rome) included an 1.5 hour bus ride to port in Galveston that was a $135 cab fare. In Civitavecchia the included 1.25 hr. transfer to airport was being charged other non-X-air at $85 pp.

One other experience: one leg of flight to Puerto Rico port (using X air) was cancelled and the airline folks came looking in the lines for those making cruise connections to help get them rearranged. Seems like cruise-air folks got a little extra attention in this one instance - maybe airline is 'at risk' some under their contract with cruiseline. Or its just good businese practice being applied since the airline would want to give such reschedules priority over 'stand bys'.

Good Luck on trip.

I strongly suggest using Celebrity Air. The biggest reason being, if for any reason that the flight is delayed, it is Celebrity's responsability to get you to the ship. They are also fairly competitive

They will fly you to the port to where the ship will be. Also they will put you up in a hotel and arrange for meals until you can join a departed ship at their expense.

If you are a Capitan's Club member you can use the custom air benifit for any airline at no additional cost except for any difference in price of air fare. There is usually a $35.00 to $50.00 cahrge for this option.

Good luck and enjoy you cruise. Barcelona is a fantastick city with a mix of old and new world architecture. Don't forget the camera. Kevin

thanks for the information, I have been a bit nervous with our flight arrangements that I am booking through X. I wasnt' sure how close it would be in Rome getting to the port before the boat leaves. That would be a rough start to have to fly to the next port. I had even considering getting customized air through my TA to make sure it was okay. but I suppose this is the reassurance I needed.

Thanks again!

Woo

Woo:

Peace of mind is important. Look at preferred airlines/ schedules and pick earlier flights or better connections if applicable. Then have TA request those specific flights and how much, if any, the service charge would be to adopt. X's own schedule will have time minimums on arrivals, connections but you likely are wanting to add more safety margin into the schedule. Good Luck.

Greydog,

thanks again. I had looked at a lufthansa flight that I really liked the times on. I think I will give them a call and see what the diff. would be in cost. How soon can you find out about the flight? I was told 30 days. Wondered if anyone would know.

Woo

Greydog,

thanks again. I had looked at a lufthansa flight that I really liked the times on. I think I will give them a call and see what the diff. would be in cost. How soon can you find out about the flight? I was told 30 days. Wondered if anyone would know.

Woo

I worked thru TA on air preferences with Celeb. You will be better off checking on custom air preference prior to the 30 days before sail (when they are going to go to their default air schedule) plus better chance seats available. You would want to be inside the 70-day final payment window though. Can't hurt to get a quote on air that works best for you, especially if you want to build in extra front/back days. Good Luck.

FYI, getting to Barcelona from airport is a piece of cake...airport bus is only 4 Euro per person or taxi 20 + Euro. either works well - taxi probably better with cruise luggage. Bus stops in Placa Catalunya and several other places. If you're going direct to port, taxi is best and probably 30 + Euros (total). We did fly through CDG and will try to not do that again...it was a nightmare (although fine coming home). Hope you're spending some time in BCN pre-cruise - it's a lovely city with lots to see and do.

We have always used Celebrity custom air for our one way European flights. They all get in early in the morning going TO Europe. We use Delta and book the Celeb air at the same time we book the cruise.

We generally book too early for the custom air arrangements to actually be made, but call our TA as soon as the airline flight schedules come out and we decide which flights work best for us. As soon as we get confirmation (same day that we request custom air) we call Delta and choose our seats. We are immediately in their system. Very simple and easy. We have never had to pay extra for the air fare from their selected cities on their contracted carriers. The last I knew the big airlines Celebrity uses are Delta, USAirways and Continental. I know there are more, but those are the ones I am aware of.

Delta flies nonstop from Atlanta to Barcelona and I'm sure from New York as well.

Has anyone then been able to use airline miles to upgrade their air ticket to business class?

Hi:

Just back from TransAtl in May and used X-air. My DW is a "Grand Poo-bah" Delta flyer and tried to get upgrades from coach. Were told the 'fare class' under cruise-air contract was not eligible for upgrade using miles. So that was recent Delta experience. Never hurts to try though - good luck.

Hi:

Just back from TransAtl in May and used X-air. My DW is a "Grand Poo-bah" Delta flyer and tried to get upgrades from coach. Were told the 'fare class' under cruise-air contract was not eligible for upgrade using miles. So that was recent Delta experience. Never hurts to try though - good luck.

That is dissappointing. I was hoping to fly on one of the Star Alliance airlines. I haven't had good experiences with Delta. If it was a star alliance I would be able to upgrade...I a a "grand Poobah" for United.:D I think I will contact my TA next week and see what I can arrange to customize a bit.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Archived