Disgruntled Posters and Miracle review

Kartz125

Hello everyone- you can visit my MIracle post as i replied to several others who did not like my first post about the trip not being what I expected, and a full review would follow. Now, I am truly upset about the repsonses I recieved about it beig the "most annoying thread" and how I "should have not posted anything until I had something to write." Interesting. I thought this board was a community of nice people looking for fellow cruisers and anwers to questions that they may have. After those posts, I wonder If I will contribute again.

Guys- in my own defense, I was tired, and unable to write all that I wanted right then and there, but I was on, looking around, and said what I wanted to say. I think that people should ease up a little bit. Just becuase we have no clue who you are, and only know each other by screen names does not automatically allow for rudeness. There, now I feel better, and I hope that I di dnot offend anyone or ruffle any more feathers on this board.

Angela, I wanted you to know that my my tongue in cheek response about "Film at 11" in your other post was in no way directed towards you. I hope you didn't take it that way and I wanted to apologize if you thought it was. I was only having a little bit of fun with Derf. I regret posting it now. :( I totally agree with you. Cruise Critic is and should be a place where we can talk about our cruises. The rude responses we can do without. I thought your review was very well balanced. I'm sorry all of your cruise it didn't turn out like you had hoped.

Jan

But I do feel those folks had a point. I agree some of them were out and out nasty and if you come to this messageboard and others you will find that over and over.

Sometimes I feel these are the folks who are apt to have roadrage-they are unhappy and like to vent their feelings and here they feel it is safe as chances are they will never meet you. Anyway I guess if it keeps them from shooting someone- let them. I have been blasted a few times also.

anyway the point that they were making which they could have said nicer was that you said the cruise was not what you expected but then you did not even hint why you felt that way-good or bad.

Not everyone reads these boards everyday-not everyone has the time-but maybe they have a cruise on Miracle booked and want to learn a little bit about how others enjoyed the ship- to help them plan out their own cruise on dos and don'ts-they read your post because they want information about Miracle and they are left with nothing.

Anyway don't worry about it too much-I know and most others your intentions were good. One thing too-most of the regulars here are nice and decent-those nastys usually do not tend to stay here.

Kartz, I agree that some of the posters could have been more tactful... Sometimes things come across more rude on postings and sometimes people are just rude period... I will offer my .02, just as a suggestion... I know that when I am downloading from home (use to be on dial up and now on wireless), it takes quite some time to open threads (plus with wireless you are charged by the data downloaded)... so I only open threads that I am interested in to reduce the time. Some people may open threads to see what they "think" is going to be a review, especially with a very intriguing header such as the one you had only to be "left hanging". While I thought that your review was great, and I really liked how you focused mainly on the good points of your cruise... the initial post was kind of like a tease... don't take it the wrong way, but had I been at home and waited for the page to finally download, I might have been a bit disappointed as well (although I would have tried to be polite about it :D)... Sorry you had to deal with rude people, but don't let that stop you from posting. Thanks again for your thorough review!!!

some of yall take this stuff waaaaayyyyyy too seriously.....that be the bottom line...its a freakin chat board.....with any luck youll never run into any of these ppl in real life.....if anyones losing sleep over something said on the chat boards, they need to start chewin some reality pills to get back on the track...............cruise talk rocks....drama talk crocks...peace

Hey Kartz, no one should question anyone's right to their honest opinion about their cruise. Yes, some of the responses to your initial post were unwarranted from Carnival fanboys who couldn't handle someone relating any negative experience in this forum. They were getting sour before you even really said anything, those people seriously need to relax.

But so do you! You shouldn't start a message in this forum to start some fuss and debate about other posters in the forum. It's seriously unhelpful. Just have a thicker skin and let the uppity agro people debase themselves all they want with their sour attitudes. No one really cares about them, we're here to talk about Carnival, not the much less interesting topic of grumpy people and their attitudes. Starting a topic like this really isn't going to change these people, it just sours and enflames people further.

I know it sounds odd, but some people have some kind of emotional investment in Carnival, and they take any negative experience shared in these boards personally. It's as if you're insulting their baby. Just ignore it instead of getting upset by it. Your honest opinions and experiences about your cruise experience, negative or positive, are appreciated here by many. Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your cruise.

Archived