Carnival Military Rates - All Veterans

UtahBill

Several cruise lines offer military discounts for active duty and retired military. But did you know that Carnival extends their military discounts to ALL honorably discharged veterans? Many of us baby boomers did our 2-4 year tour. We are eligible and the discounts are huge. I have not been on Carnival but when I discovered this, I booked three Carnival cruises this year!! First one the end of June then back-to-back, Eastern-Western in December. Can't wait.

Four quick questions:

1. What documentation do you have to provide to obtain the veteran's discount?

2. Do you book directly with Carnival or can you go through a travel agent and get the discount?

3. You mention 2 year and 4 year service. Do you know their position on people with 6 months active duty and then several years in the National Guard or Reserves?

4. How big are the "huge" discounts?

Thanks.

First one the end of June then back-to-back, Eastern-Western in December. Can't wait.

Hi Bill - which cruises did you book? I am also booked at the end of June and a b2b in December. What a coincidence! Too bad I don't qualify for the military discount.

Carnival offers military discounts to customers who are active, reserve or retired members, or veterans, of the U.S. military. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID, retired military ID or discharge papers and a driver's license, at the time of booking.

You can go through a travel agent or Carnival for the discount.

The discount depends on what cat cabin you book, we have a balcony cabin and received a $650 discount, we also have an inside and received $450 discount.

They only have a certain percentage of cabins available for the discount so book early or call your PVP or TA to see if there are still discounts for your sailing.

I have lots of questions.

1.Is the discount available for veteran and spouse or just the veteran?

2. If the traveling partner isn't a spouse, then are they eligible as well?

3. What if they are both veterans, do they both get the discount?

thanks

Deb

for Carl in Tampa...

The other replies pretty much tell the story. I sent faxed a copy of my DD214 and my driver license. I booked one thru my TA and the other one directly with Carnival. I don't know their position on those who served in the reserves. Call and ask them. I found all the Carnival agents I talked with were familiar with the military discounts.

for Debi in Cali

The discount (actually the rate) applies to all persons in the same cabin with the veteran. The rate was the same for me and my daughter for our cruise in June.

We cruised on the Valor last December the week before Christmas and got two balcony cabins at the military rate. Hubby is retired AF officer, and I spent a little over 7 years as one....so we both qualified. We were using a TA. All we had to do was fax copies of our IDs and our discharge forms to the interline number. I think we saved something like $1200 overall for our family of four. Basically got balcony cabins for the price of an inside stateroom. You do need to have your agent make sure that the interline desk folks got the info to Carnival. You are supposed to send it to them within 48 hours of booking, which we did, but sometimes the info gets mishandled and it pays to check. Our TA noticed that the price adjustment hadn't been made and called us to make sure we had faxed the info. All we had to do was give her the date we had sent the fax and she was able to straighten it out.

As others have mentioned, the deals vary somewhat. When we were booking the rate was only available for the veterans, so there had to be at least one for each cabin booked. As with many good discount programs, there are only so many cabins that they usually sell at this price on any one cruise. There have been other active military/veteran deals (the "friends and family" promotions) where you could book several cabins at the discount price. You just need to ask your TA or Carnival rep to check into it. Out TA was very impressed when she found out what a good deal we could get.

It's a great perk, and will probably keep us coming back to Carnival for many future cruises:D ,

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Kathy,

My daughter and I are on the Carnival Valor June 25-July 2. I am going solo on the same ship Dec 3-17. Do we have a match?

No - unfortunately - I am on the Fantasy with the family (Mom/Stepdad/Daughter/SIL) on June 29 and on the Triumph b2b on Dec 30 - Jan 13.

Hi,

Thought I would add my two cents worth here.

I booked an eastern Carribean Cruise aboard Carnival Glory for early Sept for myself, my wife and my grand daughter. I recieved the military discount. We got a balcony cabin for under $600 each for wife and I and $299 for grand daughter. I don't think you can find a better deal.

You are right about the their being only so many cabins available for the military rat if you are going through a travel agent but I am not sure if that is true if you book directly through carnival. We just booked only 3 months from sailing directly with Carnival and had no problem. Might have been just luck but we inquired about several different cruises and the rate seemed to be available on all of them.

There need be only one vetran in the cabin and everyone gets the rate.

I have seen specials ocasionally where it is possible to book two cabins at military rat and there only need be a vet in one cabin. I allow carnival to e-mail me their special offers and I blieve that is where I have seen this.

What a great rate!! Good for you - and you deserve it! I need to find a military friend... a balcony under $600/pp - WOW!

I heard that the Military Family and Friends promo is happening right now. Not sure when it expires - but I believe one veteran or active military can purchase up to three cabins for family and friends!

I too booked a balcony for less than $600 each with the military discount. We had already booked as 55+ with a nice discount from the normal price. After seeing this thread, I called the TA and asked about the military discount. It amounted to an additional $240 off the 55+ discount.

We are also on the Glory in early September for an Eastern Carribean.

Thanks to UtahBill for starting the thread

Archived