Laundry Service

evert9

The laundry rooms have great irons. I was so impressed on a recent cruise that when we got home I treated myself to a new heavy duty iron. :eek:

From the few times we have used the laundry service, (mostly for tuxedo shirts), the rates seem comparable to land based dry cleaners. ;)

If you chose to utilze the onboard services, I find them very resaonable and I think they do a good job. Before I got Elite status (whoopee! FREE laundry! :-) I would often send things out to be cleaned. A pair of pants is about $4.50ish, if I am not mistaken. At home our local cleaners charge $7.00 for a pair of pants. I have brought things that are dirty along and had them cleaned the first day for use the rest of the trip - kind of opposite! Also, a dress is ~very~ resonable compared to riduculous rates in my area ($7ish vs. $12+ dollars).

If you chose to wash yourself, in addition to just pressing, the washers and dryers are $1.00, and they hold a pretty good amount, more than I expected.

Casey

Most of the cruises offer you an opportunity to have your laundry done at least once during the cruise for $10-$15/bag--all you can stuff in your laundry bag. Watch your Patters for the offer. It's amazing how much you can stuff into one of those little bags!

Pam

I have to say though, I have been on 21 cruises now, and I read the Patter line by line, and only once have I ever seen this special, and that was on a 3 day repositioning cruise when I didnt need it! I must be missing it, but I dont know how!

Casey

We were on a seven night cruise on Sapphire Princess several weeks ago and didn't see this offer during that time. We sent some clothes out and found the prices to be in line with what we have paid on other lines and less than what our local cleaners charges.

Most of the cruises offer you an opportunity to have your laundry done at least once during the cruise for $10-$15/bag--all you can stuff in your laundry bag. Watch your Patters for the offer. It's amazing how much you can stuff into one of those little bags!

Pam

Have only seen this 2 times on 18 Princess cruises.

Reference the "all you can stuff in the bag" laundry specials, it was offered twice on Regal Princess, 3-9/22-06, 'round the Horn.

I don't recall seeing it before on Princess, but it is quite common on HAL.

I saw the "special stuff the bag" on both cruises on the Sun which were 10 day cruises. I never thought I would do laundry on a cruise, but on our 10 day cruises I did laundry. You meet the nicest people in the laundry room!! I pressed some clothes also. It is different on a cruise ship!! Doesn't feel like work.:) Never used the ships laundry service but have seen others use it. It is a nice perk that the cruiselines offer.

we did laundry on the Golden & the machines were very nice -- pretty big machines & 2 ironing boards & irons -- soap machine & change machine but I did notice as the cruise went along often the change machine was out - it's $ 1.00 a load -- but the dryers don't dry well - we needed 3 times to dry pants & shirts

Archived