Has Anyone Gotten Doc's For 6-17-2006 Sailing??????

QueenYaYah

Hey, just wanted to check and see if DH and I are the ONLY ones. We are 16 days out from sailing and STILL no documents. "Documents Hotline" (as they are calling themselves these days) says that as of yesterday (can't get thru to them today) our documents STILL have not even printed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: "Ashley" told me yesterday that on 5-23-06 and again on 5-26-06 our documents were placed on a "Priority Print Status". She said that everything looks fine and she doesn't know why the documents haven't printed.

Maybe we shouldn't have but I booked air/hotel/cruise thru HAL. Hindsight tells me I should have booked air on my own. Oh, well live and learn.

Also, has anyone tried or been able to get thru to HAL today??????????

I'm getting very impatient - I don't want to take my frustration out on the CS Reps - BUT I WANT MY DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any and all suggestions on getting HAL to print and send documents would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input!

Elisha

Elisha,

You are starting to worry way too early!! We are leaving on June 4th and just got documents this morning. Like you, I drove myself crazy for 2 weeks. I also got listed as "Priority Status". Eventually, we were upgraded to "Emergency Status". HAL is going through some pretty serious system issues. As upset as I was over not having documents, I felt some sympathy for them when they described the thousands of documents scattered throughout the documents room. I am convinced that they are really trying hard. Eventually, everyone in our party of 6 got $50/person onboard credit. I think you will get the documents on time. But, if not, you should be able to get a Galileo Viewtrip that will allow you to print off your air e-ticket. HAL assured me that in the event cruisers don't get their documents in time, HAL representatives will be around to greet you every step of the way. They also said that your names are already on manifests and other lists and the documents are not really a "must have". As a last resort, your travel agent can ask them to issue pier pickup documents. I know this is really frustrating and it drove me nuts too; but, I think you will get your documents in time. But, don't let up and make sure you get that onboard credit! Enjoy your cruise.

Hoosierheadhunter

Most of our group received their docs yesterday -- but not all. The Holland America rep apologized over and over and promised to get them out as soon as possible. They installed a new computer system and have not as yet found all of the demons.

6 days and counting !!!

While we have not received our docs for July 25th sailing on the Westerdam the couple that we are traveling with picked theirs up Tuesday from AAA. We booked through an online agency. Could that be the difference?

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I know about the new computer system problem and I do feel for all the HAL employees. It just doesn't make alot of sense to me to change programs with the Alaska cruising season just around the corner. From what I've heard Alaska has turned into one of the biggest cruising destinations.

And yes, DH and I have already been given the $50.00 per person shipboard credit.

My biggest concern is that even though the ship doesn't sail until the 17th, we will be leaving home early. We have a night booked ahead of time in Vancouver and family plans before that. So getting docs 4-5 days before sailing might just miss us. Documents won't do my any good with me in Vancouver and them sitting in Texas! And yes, I know that I can print e-tickets for the airlines and that HAL says we are listed on the manifest and that we can get on the ship without them. I just don't want to create any additional obstacles for HAL to have to overcome by printing e-tickets.

Anyway, not a whole lot I can do but sit and wait. Just hope that HAL learns from this mishap. I know that I've learned to book my air and hotel on my own from now on.

Thanks for listening.

Joni, did you purchase your air through HAL? We did. HAL is telling me that the problem with my docs not printing is that my air has not be confirmed!!??!!!!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Joni, did you purchase your air through HAL? We did. HAL is telling me that the problem with my docs not printing is that my air has not be confirmed!!??!!!!

Just returned from a wonderful time in the Western Med aboard the Noordam. Fortunately for us, we made our own air arrangements. We never did get paper docs. We went to Rome confident (hopeful?) that it would all turn out okay. Guess what - embarkation was absolutely seamless. Our names were on the manifest with proper cabin number, etc. Embarkation staff didn't seem fazed at all. I'm sure we weren't the first or last!

Have a great time!

I have a group of 61 sailing on the Veendam, Galcier discovery, and we sail on 6/11/2006. We got our Docs three weeks ago but we were missing 19 Docs out of the 61 total. The missing 19 arrived on Tuesday of this week. It took a little pushing with the HAL Docs Hotline ladies, but they got them out!!! We were getting nervous also but in reality Hal has a form of E Tickets in that if you arrive at the pier without your Docs, they will board you with proper ID. Having the docs in hand is a lot more comforting I must admit!!!

I don't know if this thread is making me feel better or worse. DH & I are doing cruisetour 28 so we are flying to Seattle on June 13, then on to Juneau June 14 for land tour and sailing on the Ryndam on June 25. My TA (AAA) told me that docs were being sent out from HAL on May 26 and should be there on May 30 but they checked today (June 1) and supposedly they are not even on the way! I have seen the Galileo ViewTrip so in theory I know about my flight to Seattle, the one to Juneau and then back from Vancouver. However this is making me nervous. We have always made our flight arrangements through HAL; I may rethink that in the future.

St. Louis Sal, just wanted to let you know my status on docs. After being on hold yesterday afternoon for what seemed like forever, I was lucky enough to get Sherry, from the HAL doc hotline, and after several contacts with her supervisor and her supervisor contacting the docs supervisor, I was told to go to viewtrip.com and print the e-ticket receipt (air tickets only) for both DH and myself. Sherry said that she and her supervisor were going to "force print" my documents and that I would receive them within 4 business days. No later than Wednesday (6-7-06). She also said that the docs. would be delivered next day air. After many, many conversations with HAL reps this is the first positive (hopefully) news I've gotten about docs. I'll stay posted on the status. I have called everyday since last week checking on status, so I guess that must have helped in some way. Or maybe they were just tired of me bugging them:o .

Anyway, keep checking on your docs.

Have a great cruise/tour!

Elisha, No we did not purchase air through HAL. You might want to go over to the Roll Call board and ask there for people on your sailing if they have gotten doc w/ air.

Hope you also have a great cruise!

Thanks to all that have responded so far. Just to let everyone know as of today - STILL NO DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beginning to doubt the honesty of HAL rep's and HAL in general. Not a great feeling for a 1st time HAL cruiser!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try again today to try and get documents sent.

I'll ask the question again. Has anyone gotten their documents for the 6-17-06 sailing on the Zuiderdam????????

My mother and I are taking a cruise tour on Rydam sailing June 18th. I received my travel documents last Friday (June 2nd). As of this morning, my mother still hasn't received hers!

I tried to change my return flight from Fairbanks to an earlier time through my travel agent. She was told by HAL that they are not making any flight changes for the month of June due to the fact that they are having too much trouble getting flight arrangements for booked passengers.

We did receive an onboard credit from HAL which will certainly help with the beverage tab!

Even with the slight inconvenience we are looking forward to a wonderful experience in Alaska. Just have to figure out what to do with several hours on my own in Fairbanks on my departure date. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share!

Archived