Sapphire/Diamond

Lizzybell

Hello, I have several questions: 1) embarkation-if we get there @1:30-2pm will most of the passengers have boarded by then? 2) How was your room service experience & did you order off the dining room menu-recommendations? 3) Any spa treatments, if so, how would you rate it/recommend it? 4) favorite resturant? 5) Did you need/use a power strip? After returning from your Alaskan cruise with Princess is there anything that really stood out that you would recommend -on-board ship activities, ports, menu items or any kind of last minute tips are appreciated. Thanks so much to all who take their time to share their experiences. These boards have been a wealth of information & we can't wait-3 wks from tonite we will be onboard!!! :) Liz-Sapphire 7/18/04

[quote name='Lizzybell']Hello, I have several questions: 1) embarkation-if we get there @1:30-2pm will most of the passengers have boarded by then? 2) How was your room service experience & did you order off the dining room menu-recommendations? 3) Any spa treatments, if so, how would you rate it/recommend it? 4) favorite resturant? 5) Did you need/use a power strip? After returning from your Alaskan cruise with Princess is there anything that really stood out that you would recommend -on-board ship activities, ports, menu items or any kind of last minute tips are appreciated. Thanks so much to all who take their time to share their experiences. These boards have been a wealth of information & we can't wait-3 wks from tonite we will be onboard!!! :) Liz-Sapphire 7/18/04[/QUOTE]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Embarkation, yes most of the line will be gone.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Room service was great, tuna sand. a real late night treat.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]No Spa.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Fav. rest. Pacific Moon, better service than Sterling because Sterling is too crowded and therefore slow.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Power strip yes. Fan, laptop etc.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]On board activities, Deck chairs, blanket, scenery. [/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Port, Ketchikan Creek Street, Mt. Roberts in Juneau.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Georgia][color=black][b]Menu items: order the frozen yogurt at lunch and sorbet at dinner, both made with fresh fruit daily. Try sabatinis, the grilled lobster was spectacular.[/b][/color][/font]

Just to add to what srphnx has already said, with regards to number 4, it really depends on whether you end up ordering from the daily menu or the special menu featured at each restaurant (which doesn't change). I ordered from the daily menu most of the time, so the restaurant really didn't end up making much of a difference - except for the type of bread they served (Vivaldi - focaccia, Pacific Moon - sushi, Santa Fe - guacamole and tortilla chips, Sterling - can't remember). I found Pacific Moon quite busy on my cruise and experienced the best service in the Santa Fe (since it wasn't as busy as the other three). In terms of the bread, I liked the focaccia in Vivaldi the most.

Archived