Ice Cream Toppings - vital info 4 "Mr. Ice Cream"

Travelitis

What toppings can my ds expect to find for ice cream? Will chocolate be actual choc syrup instead of the watery sludge we had on HAL and other ships? Do I need to pack some to insure Mr. Ice Cream, who found the ice cream machine during breakfast at Disney, can have all the enjoyment of the all-you-can eat ice cream experience? Is there anything I need to know so my ice cream fanatic won't be disappointed by the promise of 24 hr. access to his favorite 2 food groups, ice cream and pizza?

Thanks!

Other people line up shot glasses, but our family lines up ice cream bowls! (Here's Mr. Ice Cream)

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL284/1567910/4598225/57856352.jpg

Travelitis, if your son always needs toppings for his icecream, you'd better bring your own. However, there are times when great toppings are put out at the self-serve icecream & yogurt machines. They might have hot fudge, caramel, nuts, m&m's, and sprinkles. It really depends on the ship and the time of day. DH is also a huge icecream fan so I was "dragged" to the machines more times than I can count. Toppings were there sometimes and sometimes not.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope your DS enjoys the icecream.

Travelitis,

my secret topping is Kaluhua. I bring in a small plastic bottle of it and use it on my ice cream as a topping and also mix it in to make a Kaluhua shake. I also add it to my coffee for a night cap while sitting on my bacony. I always bring a thermal cup that keeps my ice cream from melting in the hot sun ondeck. Happy Cruising!

On most cruises we have been on there are NO toppings... what we do is order chocolate chip cookies and brownies from room service.... then mix that in with the ice cream.... quite tasty - and it hits the SWEET spot...

On our last Glory cruise, I missed the CHOCOLATE BUFFET (it was near the end of the cruise) - I had been keeping a lookout for it in the CAPERS under ACTIVITIES... and only after the fact learned it had been listed in the DINING section... DUH!

WELL, for me it would have been and ACTIVITY...lol

(I, too, have crashed the CAMP CARNIVAL cookie/ice cream event to help myself to the goodies... :D )

Tom

No toppings on the shops I've been on. I didn't think the soft serve ice cream was actually that good. One lunchtime on the desert buffet on the Sensation they were scooping out ice cream and putting pastry birds on top. That was wonderful!

sls

Destiny 12/2004

Sensation 5/2004

Holiday 1/2004

Conquest 11/2003

Cotton - Thanks! We laugh about the ice cream, but we have to limit him to once a day. He actually ate a dish of ice cream beside his plate of eggs at Disney.

I like the cookies and brownies idea as a substitute! That should take care of it if the ice cream is bland. lol! I have an addition to that, though, if it's available (was on other ships). Brownies and PB - yum!

He'll definitely have to hit any ice cream event, and I might sneak in, too!

Archived