Shops near pier?

momof4boys

Ok, this is really dumb. We will be tendering in from the Conquest. Do we tender to a pier? Are there shops near there or within walking distance? We realize that after the Stingray excursion we need to eat. We probably won't have time to go to the beach (especially since it is $5 a person and we have 17 people in our group) So.....it looks like we will be eating and shopping, if it's close. Thanks for the info.

If you're doing the Stingray City tour, you may not have much time. The shops are really upscale, too. O.K. if you're shopping for diamonds and watches. I only saw a few restaurants near the pier. We were expecting Grand Cayman to be our favorite port when if fact, it was most people's least favorite.

Thanks for the info. Uh......with two boys in college and 2 more coming up, I don't think I will be buying many diamonds!:D

I just want to know what to do from 12:30 to about three, when we head back to the ship. (departs at 4). I have heard that everything in GC is expensive. I read the thread about the $17 for 2 eggs and bacon for breakfast. Yikes.:eek:

You could ask your tour operator to drop you at a beach prior to coming back. You could grab a bite to eat there and enjoy the beach for a couple of hours - Sea Grape or Courtyard are my recommendations. Taxis are plentiful and waiting. Try getting a group discount rate or something to bring you back to town. There are plenty of t-shirt and coffee mug shops around the pier area as well as the more upscale offerings for you to grab some souveniers.

If you are looking to buy booze here, you cannot just buy it and carry it. It MUST be shipped to your ship and they have a cut-off time for that service. BUY EARLY!;)

DO NOT wait to get back on the ship at 3:00. Our ship was scheduled to depart at 4 and the last tender was supposed to leave at 3:30. We got in line for a tender about 2:45 and were not on the boat until at least 3:45. I didnt enjoy Grand Cayman other than the excursion we were on either, so unless you want to stop in and get some alcohol or free samples of rum cake I would just save your money and get back to the ship for lunch. The cut off for our ship was 2:00 for purchasing alcohol, as the previous poster stated.

Archived