Sun - Deck 4

thawan

We just got off the Wind May 14. While on the ship DH said we would go again in 2008, which was fine with me. I waited 28 years for first one, so a 2 year wait for next was ok. We were off the ship 9 days and he starts asking me about what kind of deal could I get for 2007. I think he's hooked LOL

I did some looking and with latitudes I found a great deal. TA says it's better than their group rate. Which it is.

Now the question. It's an inside (hump) on deck 4. Under the four seasons rest., which shouldn't be a problem. But there is solid blue area at the back, where a window would be if it had one. We were wondering what kind of noise if any would come from this area and if anyone knew.

It's down by the belge pump, but atleast we are on the ship and I don't have to wait 2 years. And I've been reading such good things about the Sun.

Thanks for any help. :)

Without having been on deck 4 on the Sun, my guess from being on the lowest public deck on the Sea (deck 2), is that you have crew quarters back there. I wouldn't expect any great amount of noise. We're staying in a deck 4 porthole cabin on the Jewel and have the same kind of area on the deck 4 deckplan for the Jewel.

Thanks for the reply. That's what we're hoping for. And that's it's not the laundry room lol. The room is 9 square feet bigger, so it should seem huge.

If no one knows we'll find out next may. And I thought waiting 7 1/2 months last time was long :D

Just to clarify a little, we have been on the Sun -- just not deck 4 :D . We lucked into a no charge upgrade from a superior inside, which we booked for our family of 4 to a BA balcony cabin on deck 10. We thoroughly enjoyed the Sun -- have a great cruise.

We have been on deck 4 of Sun twice. We tend to book lower decks, inside staterooms so we can afford more cruises. On the Sun, we found that deck 4 had an engine hum that is not a distraction at all. We never heard any other noise of any sort. I wouldn't hesitate a second...book it !!! :D

Just the info we need. We were going to book anyway, but now we don't have to wonder. We have an app. with the TA on Sat. at 3pm, and NCL has it on hold till 5pm. ;)

We had a wonderful time on the Wind, so I know this will be even better cause we won't have first timers jitters.

Thanks again :)

Archived