Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Does anyone know if it is possible to choose a dining room prior to departure. In reading some of the post from people that have been on the valor, I learned that the Maitre D' in the Washington dinning room is Irish and that he sings prior to the wait staff coming out to do their dance routine. They said the Maitre D' in the other dinning room was nice, but he did not sing. Kim

Kim - I'm not sure if you can request a certain dining room, but you could always call Kevin and ask. I know that once you get onboard if you are not happy with your dining assignment you can request to be changed, and they will do so if they can.

I wonder if the maitre' d is the same one I had on the Miracle - his name was Ken Byrne (sp?). He would sing every night after dinner and had a wonderful voice. But we only heard him - never saw him because we were on the 2nd floor of the dining room. :rolleyes:

Just wanted you to know that I heard back from Marvin of Wet N-Wild in Belize (cave-tubing). We have confirmed reservations for 20. I did ask him about ship time vs Belize time and also asked if we could have Charlie -- he's received great reviews on the boards. If anyone books the ship's Lamanai Mayan Ruins tour, let me know. My husband is interested. I think I'll go ahead and book the early Soto's sting ray tour. I'm still not sure about ship time vs local time. Happy New Year's everyone!

Debbie...thanks for that link...the pictures were great. The teen center looks a bit like...aaahhh...Thomas the Tank Engine, don't ya think??:o

Kim, the first thought I had when you mentioned requesting a dining room was that they could rotate the maire d' and then you'll have requested one dining room and he's in another, or even transferred to another ship!! If you wait till you get on board, then at least you'll KNOW that he's in the DR that you switch to.

Ladies...have you seen the sales??? I just got home from Kohl's where I got a new pair of palazzo pants (I wear them one formal night) for only $23, originally $69. My other ones seem to be...uhmmm...getting smaller each year. Can't imagine how that happens!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea on trying to pick the dining room.

I also love Kohl's. I have not been able to go to the sales. The kids are out of school and are too young to want to wait quietly while I shop. We just have to make sure that if we buy the same outfit, that we wear it on different days.

I have an eight year old daughter that is more of a tomboy. She does not care much for shopping. Then I have a five year old boy. He has cerebral palsey and is vision impaired. He was born premature. This is the first vacation in 15 years that my husband and I are taking where we will be going by ourselves (the last one was our honeymoon). All the other vacations were with my parents and the kids. We are going to go with my parents and the kids on the Carnival Celebration out of Mobile in October. It is a five day cruise. We will see how my son handles it then we will try him on a seven day. Carnival has been very helpful with us in giving information on travel with a child with disabilities. We are looking forward to both cruises.

Marcy - the teen club does kind of resemble Thomas the Tank, doesn't it? :rolleyes: I'm just hoping that the teen dances are open to all teens - I've read conflicting stories as to whether they are open to 13-17 year olds, or just 15-17 year olds. That was my daughter's favorite activity on our Miracle cruise, so I'm hoping that it is open to all teens or she will be really upset. :mad:

What is everyone doing for New Year's Eve? We are staying home and might have a few friends stop over for a while. I hope everyone has a very happy new year!!! :)

Debbie, I have a 13 year old son very much interested in "hanging out" and in the dances. I thought I read that the dances were open to the younger teens earlier in the evening. Hope so! Hopefully, we can get some reviews from people with younger teens! I'm surprised that there haven't been more reviews!

No special plans for New Year's eve. Probably just bring in a movie and, maybe, stay up till midnight!

Kim - it is so nice of your family to take care of your kids so you and your hubby can get away. I'm glad that Carnival has been so good with your preparations for your family vacation next October, too. One of my friends that sailed with us on the Miracle used a portable dialysis machine, and Carnival took really good care of them and they had absolutely no problems with transport of the machine and other boxes they had to bring for it.

Marcy - I'm sure your son and my daughter will be fast friends onboard. She still keeps in contact with most of the friends she made on the Miracle, and is really looking forward to meeting lots of new friends on the Valor.

My son fell in with such a nice group of kids last year on Explorer of the Seas and still keeps in touch with them. He's afraid he won't meet another group like them. At least your daughter and my son can go to the teen activities together so that they're not walking in alone.

Kim, I read such a heart-warming story on the Carnival board about a family traveling with a son with a disability. They were treated royally. Debbie, do you remember the story?

Kim, I read such a heart-warming story on the Carnival board about a family traveling with a son with a disability. They were treated royally. Debbie, do you remember the story?
No, I don't remember seeing it. Was it a recent post?

Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and safe New Year! One of my resolutions is to make new friends, and hopefully, I'll do just that on June 12! Another resolution is to do at least 3 new things this year (not counting cave tubing, parasailing, and zip-lining). Another is to talk less, listen more (I have yet to keep this one yet!). I have many more resolutions. What are some of yours?

I hope all of you have a very happy new year!!! :D

Ok Marcy - you asked for it. Here are my resolutions:

[list]
[*]Eat less :o
[*]Exercise more :eek:
[*]If I don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing :rolleyes:
[*]Do more to help others :)
[/list]Just think, after midnight we'll be able to say that we are cruising this year!!!

Kim...check out this thread: [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=115464"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=115464[/url] Is this the singing Maitre' D you were talking about?? If I understand this correctly (help me out here Debbie), our resrvations are linked and, according to Kevin, we should all be sitting in close proximity to each other...hopefully, in the Washington Dining Room with the singing Maitre' D!!!

Just remember that the two dining rooms also have different dining times, in case it is important for you to get 6:15 instead of 5:45. I am really hoping to get the 6:15 dinner so I am going to leave things as they are and see where I end up, even if it means that I get the other maitre' d.

Marcy is right - our reservations are linked and we should be seated in the same area for dinner. You can certainly have Kevin request that you be seated in the dining room that you prefer, but that is only a request and there is no guarantee that they will be able to grant it. Ultimately Carnival is the one that will decide what dining room to put you in. If you are unhappy with your dining assignment when you get onboard the ship you can always go to the maitre' d on embarkation day and request that it be changed, and hopefully they will be able to accomodate you then.

Debbie, I requested 6:15. 5:45 is just too early to be ready for dinner!! While I'd like to stay with the group, I'd want to make a change to 6:15 if I find out we're in the 5:45 seating. Since our reservations are linked, maybe everyone requesting 6:15 may give us a better chance of getting it. Maybe...

I'm sure we requested the earliest seating - we are early birds and ready to eat as soon as possible! What we are hoping for is a table by the windows, not in the center of the room. I don't know if that will work out, or how to make it happen - we've only done freestyle recently on NCL and arrived fairly early and could always get a table where would like.

Archived