Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

That lady, Sandra, from TropicalRez who books vacations, tours, etc on Roatan sent some of her agents to do that new canopy tour and will e-mail me the pictures from it tomorrow. I'll try to post them here for you to see, if not I'll e-mail them to you. Then we'll have to compare tours, prices, and beaches to see which one to take.

ChadGates...welcome...I hope you're able to join us! Here's the contact information for the cuise from our group page:

[color=red]For general information about sailing with this fun group, contact your Official Cruise Critic Group Leader at [/color][email="debwinters@comcast.net"][color=red]Snowball[/color][/email][color=red]. To book this cruise contact Kevin at crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609[/color]

I know there are some cabins still available. If they are no longer available at group rates, you can still book on your own (as some have done) and still be part of our group!!

Anyone read that thread about the couple who missed the ship in Roatan because they didn't watch the time and made a bunch of stupid decisions?

Hi Chadgates, welcome. I checked on rooms about a week ago and I think there might of been a couple of balconys left. You never know, someone might drop out since our final payment is due in a few weeks.
Marcy thanks so much for doing the leg work on the zip line. It will be fun to see the pictures. Do you think she will let you know how much it will cost?
I read the posts about the people who got left behind. Wow, were they dumb. Who doesn't make sure what time it leaves? I now think maybe it would be a good idea to at least carry a picture of your passport just in case. Not sure if I want to carry the real thing though. I do sometimes worry about emergencies. I do know you wouldn't want to be in a hospital there. That is why I never travel without travel insurance though. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Rebecca

Rebecca, I make copies of our passports and carry the card for our travel insurance when we get off the ship.

The "new" zipline is about $55 if that's all you do and take a taxi there. If you do the pick up by guide at the dock, zipline, transportation to Plantation resort beach, and return to ship with guide plus lunch it's $85 for us, but has gone up to $120 (I think) for everyone else. She'll still honor the lower price for our group since we've been going back and forth on this for awhile. Here's a link to travelrez.
[url="http://tropicalrez.com/tour_detail.asp?id=6"]http://tropicalrez.com/tour_detail.asp?id=6[/url]

Between cruise critic being down and my internet skipping in and out, I haven't been able to get on here all day. :eek:

I had a nice surprise this morning - the Philadelphia Inquirer had an article about the Valor in their travel section. It gave the ship a very favorable review. :) If you want, I could try and e-mail the article to Sharon and have her put it on our group website. Or I can post a link here, but you have to give them some personal information to access that part of their website (I gave them dummy information when I subscribed to the site, so you could always do that instead). ;)

ChadGates - When I last spoke with our travel agent Kevin, we only had one oceanview cabin left that was available to be booked with our group pricing. If you are interested in that cabin, I suggest that you call Kevin on Monday and see if it is still available.

Marcy - Sounds like you finally have the zipline tour all worked out - congrats!!! :cool:

Here's an article that someone else posted from the Mississippi Sun Herald. Is this the same article?? [url="http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/living/travel/10527953.htm"]http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/living/travel/10527953.htm[/url]

Good Morning everyone, thanks for the new review. Sounds like fun!! Marcy do you think if we joined your group we could get the same price? That is a big difference. It must be getting more popular since the price has gone up so much. Still trying to decide what I am doing in Belize and Roatan. I know that I want to do at least one of the zip lines. Probably one of most favorite tours of any I have gone on. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Rebecca

Rebecca, sure you can join my family!! I told Sandra at TropicalRez that we had a group from a CC group cruise, I didn't specify number. We love doing tours with other CC people.

I'm still waiting for Sandra to send me the pictures of the "new" canopy tour. Then we just need to decide to do Tabyana Beach through the ship or do this tour as 1. just the canopy tour alone getting our own taxi or 2. do the canopy with the guide picking us up at the pier and going to Plantation Beach (or something like that) for lunch, beach, and use of their pool and transport back t the pier.

The zip line sounds like alot of fun. If you take the excursion from the ship to Plantation Beach or Tabanaya (sp) and then go do the zip lines, can you take others who will not be participating in the zip lines. For example, my kids (6 & 9) can't do the zip lines, but my husband and I would love too. Is there a way to do a "Baby swap" type thing, or do you end in a place far away from where you started?

Another question I have is has anyone done the dolphin swim in Roatan? I priced it through Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, but because my kids are so young, mom and dad must participate. The total would be $370.00. Not sure I want to do that. Any suggestions?

[b]
Just finished booking this cruise! We went through our TA that has arranged all our other cruises. Paid both full deposits and insurance. Balance due in April.

Though we didnt book through Crucon as part of the Valor Voyagers we would like to join in some of the fun with your group.

Is that a possibility??

Chad[/b]

Chad, YES, even though you booked on your own you can certainly be a VALOR VOYAGER!! Welcome!!

Who will be sailing in your group? If you want to send a bio and picture to our web page, here's the link: [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url]

Welcome aboard Chad!!! We are always happy to have more people participating in our roll call thread - it doesn't matter if you booked with our group or not - everyone is welcome here! :D

You should check out our group board that Marcy posted a link to. It has all kind of good information on there, plus that's where we have our "get to know you" information. There is a link on the main page where you can e-mail our webmaster Sharon so she can add your information on there.

So tell us a little about yourself. Who are you sailing with? Do you have any of your excursions planned? Have you sailed with Carnival before?

Hello Snowball,

I am cruising with my GF Lisa. We have cruised Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, and RCL. I prefer Carnival for a variety of reasons. Lisa prefers Celebrity and Carnival. We will probably just do some of the same shore excursions we have in the past. Some beach at Coz, then into town for the "draining of my wallet". LOL We really enjoyed Tabyana Beach Resort when we were in Roatan two or three years ago. In Belize we will most likely take the Shark/Ray Alley tour with Coral Breeze. It's a blast and we had a wonderful time. On Grand Cayman we will probably take the city tour which includes a trip to Hell (Hey, Ive been told to go there so many times---so I went!) and the Turtle Farm, then relax on Seven Mile Beach, usually at Grand Cayman Beach Club, then into town for Lisa's mandatory buying of junk LOL.
Of course, none of this has been planned yet! I always make shore excursions arrangements myself. I'll get around to it one of these days. I dont really sweat the small stuff and am prone to do things at the last minute or on impulse---like signing up for this cruise!!!
Hey, we are looking forward to meeting all the Valor Voyagers!

Chad...nice to meet someone who doesn't plan ahead of time!! :D The rest of us having been planning down to the minutest detail for months...right down to the "designated walker" to get us back to the ship on time after Carlos N Charlies!

Welcome!

Speaking about planning...did we ever decide on T-shirts or anything else, such as a certain color ribbon, to help us recognize each other?

Did you notice the "pub crawl" in the Capers? I read about it in another thread. Must be a Carnival thing as I've never seen it before on RCCL. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi Chad, welcome to the group. I hope you don't find us too compulsive for your liking! :p We seem to obsessing over everything from flights to hotels, to excursions, time, drinking, and on and on. I think it gives us something to do while waiting! :D
Feel free to email me [email]lhallspam@cinci.rr.com[/email](remove spam) if you want to add your info to our web page - [url]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers[/url] .

Marci, I don't think we decided anything about shirts except that no one would wear them except us! :eek: We'll have to keep looking for other ideas, once we have our lanyards, I guess we would have them although I don't think anyone will wear them all the time. I have to wear one at school all the time with my ID and keys, not sure I want to wear it on vacation - I'd probably start staring down all the little kids with my teacher look!

Archived