Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Tara - you should definitely go to Carlos N' Charlies with us!!! We have a whole group of us going there, and I just know we are going to have a blast! Sharon will be our designated walker, so it is her responsibility to make sure we get back onto the ship in time. She is already looking at taser guns and whips to help her in rounding all of us up and getting us out of there (in case any of us give her a hard time). :eek:

I think it is at the same spot as Fat Tuesday's in Cozumel. I've never actually been there before, but from what I've read it is a wild and crazy party bar where you never know what's going to happen. Sounds like my kind of place!!! :D

[quote name='Snowball']
I think it is at the same spot as Fat Tuesday's in Cozumel. I've never actually been there before, but from what I've read it is a wild and crazy party bar where you never know what's going to happen. Sounds like my kind of place!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah!! Wait till Debbie strips on top of the bar!!! Let it all out girl!!!! hehe! :D

Don't mind Terri - she is just a stalker, I mean a friend of mine. She must be sad because our cruise is only 40 days away, and she still has months and months to go until her cruise gets here. :p

Sorry Terri - I couldn't resist. :D

Noooo - don't listen to her!!!!! She will strip!!! Bring lots of dollar bills!!! lol!!!!!

Just kidding!!!! No Debbie - I am NOT jealous and my cruise is not months and months away!!! Only 4 months!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!! I know you guys will have a great time!! ;)

Sharon - I saw your 2006 Hawaii group cruise listed in the cruise critic e-letter. Congratulations!!! I wish I could go to Hawaii with you next year, but already have another cruise picked out. I know you'll be a great group leader. :)

Hi Tara! Welcome to the group! We're having lots of fun getting to know each other and talking about the rules for sandals, thongs, ect.!

How can you explain Carlos and Charlies? Let's just say what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico! When we were there in Jan. I was dancing on the stage, after 2 yard margaritas, much to the embarrassment of my teenagers! I was having a great time and got to dance with some really nice guys, much to the chagrin of my husband!! This time, I will be celebrating my 45th b-day so who knows what I'll be doing!!!

Debbie - Cuba Libre is on 2nd St. but I'm not sure where! Looks like a very cool place...like you're sitting in a tropical courtyard! We're hoping to get back down there soon!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend here in PA...we're heading to NYC on Sat. to see "Spamalot"...any Monty Python fans out there!

Beth

Thanks Debbie, I don't get the newsletter. I just signed up so hopefully I'll get the one that you did that has it. If not, can you forward it to me? We've been wanting to go back to Hawaii for a while and thought this would be a good time. I know you're working on another group too, hopefully we'll all enjoy each others company on this trip so much that we have to get together again! :D
Beth, between you and Debbie it looks like I'll have my hands full! :eek: I didn't know what I got myself into. And now we have Marcy with thongs and sandals :eek: Alright everybody - anything else we need to know before it gets any closer?! :rolleyes:

This place definitely sounds like fun! All I know is that we *have* to make a stop at Fat Tuesdays because my husband has been to the one in Cancun and he insists that I try some of their drinks, since this will be my first time in Mexico. I'm all about having a wild and crazy time ;o)

Tara - you should be able to stop at both. I think that Carlos N' Charlies and Fat Tuesdays are right near each other in Cozumel - maybe even both in the same building. Can someone that's been there confirm this?

Boy, this thread has certainly taken a sharp turn!!:eek: Debbie, if you're gonna get up on the bar, at least wear a thong and sandals and make sure the polish on your toes isn't chipped so you don't embarrass us!!:p

Beth, yes I am a monty python fan, also a broadway fan. We buy season tickets every year to the broadway across america tours that come to birmingham. Just saw Chicago last week. I know it will be awhile before spamalot tours. Would love to see it with David Hyde Pierce and Tim Curry. Please let me know how it was.

Booked my hotel, holiday inn, today. One less thing to worry about. Now I just have to fiqure out the best way to get there.

Has anyone found out what dock the valor will make port at in cozumel, and is it the same one as Carlos n Charlie's. We had not planned on going there, but the entertainment sounds like it is heating it up. Debbie I'll bring my dollars for you.

Hmmmmmm If I earn enough dollars by dancing on the bar at Carlos N' Charlies, I can put them towards my deposit for next year's cruise. :rolleyes: Oh, the things I'm willing to do to feed this cruise addiction. :p

Tara - I think I was wrong about Fat Tuesdays being right by Carlos N' Charlies. :o I think it is Senor Frogs that is in the same building. I don't know where Fat Tuesdays is at, but hopefully it will be close by so you can do both.

Kim - you should really join us at c n c's - even if it isn't right at the pier we are docked at, I'm sure we'll all be sharing cabs to get there an back so it probably won't cost that much. :cool:

Well, whether they're next door to each other or not...I'm sure they're close by. Trust me, my husband and I wil go wherever the party is...and since my younger sisters cannot drink on the boat, I'm sure they'll be there too! :o)

Ok - here's a thread I started to find out the proximity of where the Valor docs to where Carlos N' Charlies is at. [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=173452"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=173452[/url]

The cab rate isn't bad, especially if it is for four people. I'm sure we won't have a problem sharing cabs, if need be.

Oh no!! The thong thread over on the fashion board just went POOF!!! Now how are we going to know if we are breaking the thong rules or not? :eek:

Seriously though, I can't believe that people get that worked up over whether or not someone might wear a thong bathing suit on the cruise ship. I prefer to be kind to my fellow man (and woman) and therefore choose not to wear one. :o But if you are confident enough to be comfortable wearing one in public then more power to you.

Just don't you dare wear sandals with your toes hanging over the front or with unpainted toe nails!!! :p :D

I can picture the Meet and Greet now...everyone's eyes slyly checking out the sandals, nail polish, etc, of every one there!! Maybe the theme should be, come as your favorite fashion faux pas!!

Guess what I did today in preparation for our cruise??!! I got last year's pics developed so I can wipe clean my memory cards! What fun we had! Same ports except this year Roatan instead of Costa Maya!

I have to share the other thing I did today. I went to the 35th May 4th Remembrance Day ceremony at Kent State. I've been teaching there for 4 years and have never seen the Memorials where the 4 students were shot. It was really very moving. There was also a lot of protesting going on against the Iraq war and if you closed your eyes, you could easily be transported back in time, just substitute a different war. Check out the news tonight.

Interesting you should mention that Marcy, I was just reading something a Miami University professor wrote about being there that day. It was very moving and a good reminder of how terrible those times must have been. He mentioned that almost all of the colleges in Ohio closed down after that for a while.

Good morning everyone!!! Here are some Carlos N' Charlies and Senor Frogs coupons that someone posted a link to on another thread:

[quote name='Cheeky']While we're on the C&C topic, I found a site with coupons.

[url="http://www.carlosn-charlies.com/eng/default.asp"]http://www.carlosn-charlies.com/eng/default.asp[/url]

Towards the bottom, hit "PRINT OUR COUPON" (make sure you allow pop-ups first). You can print the coupon for Carlos n Charlie's (free bbq ribs or cheese nachos with lunch or dinner, one per table, not valid with other promotions) and also Senor Frog's (free margarita or beer, same conditions).

Get those printers running![/QUOTE]

I just found out last night that although we will have to take a cab to go to Carlos N' Charlies, we will be able to walk right to Fat Tuesdays right from the ship. Has anyone been to Fat Tuesdays in Cozumel before? If so, how does it compare to C n C's?

I'm just wondering if maybe we would be better off going to Fat Tuesdays instead since we won't have to worry about everyone getting a cab back and forth. What do you guys think? I'll go along with whatever the group wants to do. :confused:

I've never been to a Fat Tuesdays before, but my husband says that the one in Cancun throws a heck of a party! I saw on another message board (can't remember exactly where) that a lot of people from the ship hang out at Fat Tuesdays because it's so close to the ship.

Well I'm game to try anywhere !! It's Cinco de Mayo and I can't go out because life is just to hectic right now!! At least tommorrow I don't have to go to work, I'm going on a field trip with my son. So only 17 days left until the end of the school year (actually there are nineteen, but as all you teachers know, those days without kids don't count:rolleyes: ). I can't wait!! My kids will be going to church camp the first week of summer, so I'll be shopping and packing
everyday:) :) . Then the second week is THE CRUISE. Can you tell I'm getting excited?

I'm game, either bar is OK! Just looking to have fun with friends! :D Sure would make sharon's time easier if we could just walk (stagger) to the ship!!

I think spring is finally here!! It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend! Hopefully, the snow is gone for good!

I've started my "piles." Starting to put things out for the cruise. The CC lanyards were the first thing in my "pile." I've been reviewing outfits in my head so I can bring the least amount of clothes possible! Got a family of 4 down to 3 suitcases (the stacked small, med, large Kohl's special type) and a suitbag.

My 13 year old still fits in a suit I had to buy him this fall, but he wants to rent a tux for the formal nights, so that will cut down on room. I like to reinforce that he wants to dress up those nights but it kills me to spend the money for the 45 minutes of dinner he wears it to and then runs off to put on shorts and a T and joins his friends! It does make for a nice family picture, though. (We have 4 cruises worth of these family pics still in the folders and never framed!)

Anyone else starting to "pack?"

Good morning and TGIF everyone!!! Can you believe that we are down to 5 weeks left until our cruise?!?!?! I'm hoping that we get to do the doc dance soon.

My daughter is off from school today (using up an extra snow day), so we will be having a mother/daughter day - which means we'll be SHOPPING!! :D

So it seems like everyone is ok with going to Fat Tuesdays instead of Carlos N' Charlies. I must admit that being able to walk (or try to walk :rolleyes: ) back to the ship instead of taking a cab does appeal to me. Plus since I'm saving on cab fare I'll be able to have an extra drink or two there. ;)

I always have a cruise clothes section in my closet. Anything I buy for the cruise is put into that part of my closet. Periodically I'll go through it to remind myself of what I bought, and see what I still need. I also have a strict rule that anything bought for the cruise is never worn before the cruise. Does anyone else do that, or am I the only crazy one? :o

I started a list of things I need to bring yesterday. It's kinda hard, because my husband and I just bought a house, so I don't exactly have the money to go cruise shopping...but my parents are coming down here for my college graduation ceremony next weekend (even though I graduated in December, I can't walk until May...which kinda sucks), and my mom said she wants to take me out shopping...I'm not about to turn that down! I have plenty of bathing suits but I'm definitely in need of a few other things to go out in!

Archived