Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Emilio, Here's a link to a description of the 3 canopy tours on roatan. We'll be doing the one at Palmetto Bay. It's the only one you can do without booking through the cruise line. If you take a taxi on your own there, it's only $45. Here's the link: [url="http://www.roatanisland.net/rollercoaster.htm"]http://www.roatanisland.net/rollercoaster.htm[/url]

Debbie...did I mention Tom was good looking?:D

Congratulations Debbie, how fun to take a dress in!!! I have been shopping, of course I need nothing but could buy a lot of things!! My daughter of course has not stopped shopping. She just lost 16 lbs and now does need some new things. I do think she might be getting a little carried away!! Everytime she calls it is to tell me she has found something else!
I am going to start laying out everything in the spare room.
In Cozumel my daughter and I are going to do the Nachi Cocom Beach Break. I have been to Paradise Beach and wanted to see something new. Hope it is as good. My husband is deep sea fishing.
Marcy who is driving you around in Roatan? We are having one of Victors drivers and going to the new zipline also.
Sounds like we are all organized! Just waiting for the fun.
Take care everyone and have a great weekend!
Rebecca

[QUOTE] I'm taking notes, with everything that I read here I have enough material for another season of "Desperate Housewives" :) :) :) . Have fun![/QUOTE]

Ok ladies,
I hope you didn't take what I wrote the wrong way. I know that you guys are just having a little fun and it's ok. Sorry, I guess that you forgot that a man was reading all your comments.

Rebecca, we are having Victor's driver Carlos take us around. I found some posts about him on the Roatan board and he seems good. Maybe we can cordinate and go over to the canopy tour together. Does anyone know where the orphanage is in relation to the canopy tour near Palmetto Bay and the other things that I want to do? I found a lot of baseball uniform pants in small sizes which they are looking for and I have some other clothes. While I know Sharon would happily take them over, I think that it's important for my kids to see how some kids live!

Emilio, I'm not insulted by what you said at all! We're just having fun! :p I didn't forget you were out there reading this! Somehow, cruising brings out a personality in me very different than my usual wife, mother, college prof personality!!

We are also going to have a driver recommended through Brad of the orphanage. Kevin is supposed to pick us up and take us over to the orphanage to spend some time then we will get a tour of the island. We aren't planning on doing anything else there except touring. Of course, we will be more than happy to take any supplies anyone wants to bring. Be sure to let one of us know during the meet and greet as we need to get a form filled out before we leave the ship declaring items we are taking with us.

Emilio, I hope we aren't scaring you off! I sometimes laugh to myself that if there are men reading this they will wonder what they are getting themselves into! :eek: It just seems this time the women have taken over the conversation. Perhaps the men can band together once on board, I'm afraid you'll be behind us though - I feel like I already know several of you! :)

Good morning and TGIF everyone!!! Only 3 more weeks to go!!! :D

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to try not to over-do it this weekend. I have a cold and definitely want to get rid of it ASAP.

[quote name='francor']I'm taking notes, with everything that I read here I have enough material for another season of "Desperate Housewives" :) :) :) . Have fun![/QUOTE]
Emilio - No offense taken. We all knew you were kidding. Besides, we're not "Desperate Housewives" - more like "Desperate Cruisers"!!! I am definitely desperate for this cruise to get here!!! It seems like my last cruise was so long ago.

Marcy - I'm glad to hear that PB Tom is good looking. It's only fair that the ladies have some nice eye candy to look at on the beach, too. :p

OK, here's the leg report (sorry, Emilio!). My legs are still white...with brown splotches!:o I think in my fear of putting on too much tanner, I was a little too spare. So, today I put more on hoping to even out my "tan.":confused: I know, TMI! I'll have to check back with the fashion ladies if this does't work. They have their recommendations for everything, as you know!

Oh, Debbie, did I mention....:D By the way, Tom's having a baby! Well, his wife anyway!

Plans for this weekend include baseball, baseball, and more baseball depending on how they do in their tournament, with two soccer games thrown in and registration for next year's soccer team and guitar lessons (all the same child)! (That's why we're all so desperate to cruise). I agree with you, Debbie, we're not desperate housewives, rather desperate cruisers!!

Sharon, I just looked at a map of Roatan and the orphanage really will be out of the way for us! So...if you could carry our supplies!!

Marcy - good luck with the faux tan. Hopefully you'll get it evened out before the cruise gets here. Or we could always call you "Spot". :p

I had hoped to have a good base tan by now, but the weather just has not been cooperating. We've had some really nice sunny weather, but it has not been warm enough to lay out. And this weekend it is supposed to be cloudy with showers. Hopefully it will get warm and sunny enough for me to tan before we leave, but time is running out. :(

AHHHHHHHH.....computer is still not fixed and I'm having CC withdrawl! I miss talking to all of you! I'm on at school but really shouldn't be! Haven't seen our docs yet but our PVP assured me on the phone that as long as we have our Funpass the docs don't really matter!

Have a good weekend everyone! Debbie: I might be in Philly tomorrow..waiting to hear about the weather before we come down! Hopefully our computer will be straightened out and I'll be able to catch up on all I missed!

Beth

Here's a lesson on why you always travel the day before a cruise! I was hysterical reading this story, but I'm sure the people involved weren't laughing! I almost spilled my coffe all over my keyboard!

[url="http://cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?9,710955,page=1"]http://cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?9,710955,page=1[/url]

Hi, Beth! We've missed you!

Well my morning just got a little better. :) I just got an e-mail from Laura with some group pricing for a June 18, 2006 Southern Caribbean cruise. The prices are really good, plus having the low initial deposit will make it easier for me to book it before we leave for this cruise. I just need to talk to my hubby this weekend before I tell her to definitely go forward with the group, but he sounded excited about sailing the Southern route again when I talked to him about it before, so I'm sure he won't mind.

Anyone interested in sailing the Southern Caribbean next June? If so, let me know.

I think my family would kill me if I start talking about next year's cruise and we haven't even left for this year's. As it is, they can't stand to hear me talk about cruising anymore. But, yes, I'd be interested in the southern caribbean for next summer. Have no idea how June fits into the schedule yet. What ship? What ports? What type of pricing? I'd like to compare the pricing with RCCLs pricing and ships.

The group I'm probably setting up for next year is for the Carnival Destiny sailing on June 18, 2006. The ship will be 10 years old next year, but will be refurbished this September. I sailed her in 2002, and she was in great shape - just some minor wear and tear in the cabins (small dings in the wall from cots and stuff like that). The public rooms looked fine to me. The itinerary is fantastic (the main reason I'm booking this cruise) and is as follows:

[b]Sunday[/b]: Depart from San Juan 10:00pm
[b]Monday[/b]: St. Thomas 7:00am - 5:00pm
[b]Tuesday[/b]: Dominica 9:00am - 6:00pm
[b]Wednesday[/b]: Barbados 7:00am - 10:00pm
[b]Thursday[/b]: Day at Sea
[b]Friday[/b]: Aruba 8:00am - 11:00pm
[b]Saturday[/b]: Day at Sea
[b]Sunday[/b]: Return to San Juan 7:00am

Pricing is slightly lower (about $15-20pp) than this year's pricing on the Valor, with a $100 shipboard credit per cabin. And the 3rd/4th/5th prices are lower than this year, but 3rd/4th/5th rates are subject to change based current prices when you book.

Hello Ladies,

I'm glad that we are all on the same page. Since I don't know you, I wanted to make sure no one got offended. I like to have fun, just like all of you do. So no, you guys are not scaring me away. My oldest daughter, who is graduating from high school today, was given a perpetual homework by one of her teachers. I want to share it with you. Her perpetual homework is to "Live, Love, and Laugh". That's how I try to live my life, and I hope that you ladies continue to do the same thing. Have fun!

Marcy, Thank you for the information on the canopy tour. I would love to do something like that but unfortunately the majority in my group are not very athletic. I'm sticking to the horseback riding tour and the rest of the group will go to the beach.

Emilio - congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! We have 4 days of school next week, then I'm done! :D I think everyone is ready for a break, the kids are beginning to go wild and I've got to come up with something to really keep them busy next week. :eek:
Our weather today is crummy and cold - someone needs to let the weatherman know its LATE MAY!!!
I have my shopper/fashion policeman back from college now, so we need to head out and finish up a few things - in particular a bathing suit and NO, there will not be a thong involved. I watched Oprah today for tips on choosing the right style, not sure it helped so we'll just have to see how that goes.
Have a great weekend everyone, we are getting close!! :)

Hello Everyone: We're counting the days just like everyone else. We're in cabins 9283 and 9285. Sounds like we'll be close to some others. In Roatan, Andrew is our driver who will take us on a tour, a visit to the orphanage and the beach. Glad to hear so many are collecting items. Those of you going to the orphanage -- when are you having your driver meet you? We dock so early. I'm not sure I ever figured out ship time vs local time there. We'll be going to Nachi Cochum in Cozumel. Our teens may want to spend some time at Paradise Beach. Looking forward to meeting you all at 2:00 -- aft pool bar. Have a great week-end, everyone. Kathy

Marcy, it would be fun to do the zipline together. I will also give Sharon the things I am collecting for the orphanage. I am not sure who our driver is. He just said to meet him when we exit the ship. What time are you planning to get off? I self tan also but it is really hard to do it perfectly. Have you ever tried the spray tan that they have at the tanning places? It works great and lasts for almost 7 days. Does fade when you are in the water a lot.
Debbie, I have a cold also. Did not listen to my own advice about using Airborne before flying an caught a really nasty one. I am lying low as I have to much to do to be sick. At least you can get a tan. I only get more freckles. My standing joke is that one of these days they will all merge together and I will be really, really tan. The next cruise sounds really good. Airfare is a killer for us though. I will be checking it out as those are great ports.
Kathy we will be running into you as are rooms are very close. My daughter and I will be going t Nachi Cochum also. Did you book the all-inclusive?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Rebecca

Well, our cruise must really almost be here, because I was finally able to drag my hubby out to buy a new suit. He is a jeans and sneakers kind of guy and hates to dress up, and I was so happy that he is not only willing to dress up for both formal nights (he only did one on our last cruise) but he was also willing to go out and get a new suit so he'll look even better. I know it sounds silly, but I know he just did it to make me happy - and it did. :)

Rebecca - My understanding is that June falls during the low season for travel to San Juan, so I'm hoping that airfare won't be too expensive for next year's cruise. I sailed the southern route in 2002 and loved it, so I'm very excited to be going back next year. What is Airborne? Can you tell me about it?

I definitely have cruise on the brain now. Just now when I looked at my watch I thought "three weeks from now I'll be walking around South Beach, and so excited about getting on the ship the next day!!". Only 12 working days left for me!!! :D

Rebecca, we're meeting Victor's driver 8:30 our time on the dock. Since it sounds like we turn our clocks back one hour, that's probably 7:30 island time.

Debbie, sounds like you have your husband well trained!:D It takes so little to make us happy! My husband has a couple of "caribbean" shirts that he only wears while cruisng to make me happy!

Maybe we could charter a boat to take us to San Juan for a good price!

Hi Debbie, I'm sorry that I took so long to respond about the restaurants in South Beach. Here are some great ones:

1. Big Pink-Located at 157 Collins Avenue
2. News Cafe- Located at 800 Ocean Drive
3. Jerry's Famous Deli- Located at 1450 Collins Avenue
4. Puerto Sagua- Located at 700 Collins Avenue
5. Tuscan Steakhouse- Located at 433 Washington Avenue
6. Lario's on the Beach- Located at 820 Ocean Drive
7. Joe's Stone Crab- Located at 11 Washington Avenue
8. Pizza Rustica-Located at 863 Washington Avenue
9. Emeril's-Located at 1601 Collins Avenue

Olga - thank you so much! I didn't know there was an Emeril's in Miami - I'm going to look on the website and see how high the prices are. If they're not too outrageous we just might go there! :cool: I'm also going to look at the other places online before I decide. Thanks again!

Well, Emeril's is a bit pricier than I expected, plus after looking at the menu everything sounds so fancy that I think we might have a hard time finding something we like.:o But the Big Pink looks really neat and affordable. I'm still checking out the rest of the list. So many choices......

Archived