Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Michelle - I saved the capers on my computer, then opened them using the Paint program (I think all computers come with this). Then I went into File, Page Setup and changed the Scaling to around 80-85% - it will show on the screen when you get the right percentage to be able to print the whole thing on one page. You can also change your margins so that a higher percent will fit on one page - I used .75 margins on all four sides. You have to do change the page setup options for each day's capers before you print them. I hope it works for you!!! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited about tomorrow that I couldn;t even sleep in this morning! I have lots to do today, nails, packing, cleaning....and of course DS said he needs to make a run to the mall today for something. He's worse than a girl!

Sharon - We are getting picked up at 10:00 also and yes, we are early risers. Meeting for breakfast would be great!

Debbie - I'll be calling Kevin later today!

Am I weird or do some of you do this too....I'm excited about Sunday but already kind of depressed knowing that in a week it will be over! I guess booking next summers' cruise will help a little!

Well, time to get some cleaning done...I'll check in later with everyone!

Beth

Good morning everyone. Off to Miami this afternoon. I did find the orange leis at party city. While packing them, my husband saw them. I never told him what we were doing. He's like what are those for. I said to wear. He said "I think not". I said "I think so". We will see who has most say when we appear at the meet and great. Other than that, we are all ready to go. Will sign off one last time prior to leaving for the airport.
Can't wait to see everyone.
Kim

Kim - the orange leis have been a big source of discussion at my house. No one wants to wear them, they think I'm nuts (which I am!). I told them they have to wear them, then the other day I said you don't have to (trying to make them feel bad - tee hee.) Of course now they said they will but only for as long as they have to! I guess the reverse psychology worked. I don't know what they would have done if I told them they also needed a thong and spock ears! :eek:

Debbie, you've done a great job with this cruise, thank you!

Do you know if everyone in our cave tubing group knows to get on line early for tender tickets and then to meet with the Carnival excursions to "blend" onto the tender? Since the van won't leave until we are all there and one late person throws a wrench in our early departure. I don't know who exactly is with this group. If it's everyone who posts regularly, then I thnk everyone knows this already.

OK>>>major worry for today (I need at least one each day)>>>will the tropical storm affect our flights tomorrow?

Marcy - the 20 people that are in our van for the cave tubing excursion are all regular posters. So everyone in our group should know to get early tender tickets, then proceed to deck 0 and try to blend in with those booked on ship excursions so we can get ashore as early as possible. But there's nothing wrong with posting a little reminder, and I think we just accomplished that. :D

Ok - am I the only one having a problem with staying away from the boards today? Here is my day so far:

Get up, check the boards
make a cup of tea, check the boards
wake up daughter & hubby, check the boards
chat with Sharon, check the boards
do a little housework, check the boards

Do you see a trend there??? :eek:

Debbie,
My morning sounds like yours:

Get up, check the boards.
Make beds, check the boards.
Pack a little, check the boards.
MAke some coffee, check the boards.
Watch the weather channel, check the boards!

Think it will be like that all day!

Hope there are no delays tomorrow at the airports!

Beth

I just checked, and since yesterday Accu-weather.com has reduced the chance of precipitation in Miami on Saturday from 60% down to 30%. :D So hopefully they're right and the storm will have veered far enough west so that we aren't greatly affected.

Debbie- I can tell you the tropical storm has to be very close to Miami now-as the weather is awful. It has been raining since four or five this morning and it looks like it is still night time! I haven't watched the local weather (to busy checking the boards) but it can't stay like this until Sunday!! It will be long gone by later today even if it is moving at 5 mph!!

Also I tried and tried to print the capers, but it hasn't worked for me. I'm going to cal a friend to see if she can walk me through it.:(

I'm going to run out in a few minutes to pick up last minute essentials- wine, vodka, and cash. VERY IMPORTANT!!

Michelle

[IMG]http://www.escapade.co.uk/cgi-bin/ProductImages/Category_73/4870i_SpockEars.jpg[/IMG] OK, you are really scaring me now - is it too late to back out??!!

Beth how about 8 or 8:30 - we are up early, will probably be down there before then waiting for the kids to get up - I'll be the one with the Spock ears. NOT

[quote name='Snowball']Why do I have the feeling that Crista is just dying to wear spock ears to embarkation just to freak Sharon out? :p[/QUOTE]

What you don't know is how FAR I am from that. Those people freak me out. I work at the convention center here in town where we actually have those conventions..where they dress up. I have to walk up and down the corridors through long lines of trekkies. CREEPY! I want to walk up to them and say if you like it...great!!! But you are NOT one of them. LOLOL:D :D :D

Sharon - That sounds good...we'll probably be minus DS...he won't be rolling out of bed till 9:45!!! Hey, everyone, join us for breakfast! Sharon and I would be happy to buy!

Michelle - Thanks for the weather update... I'm just hoping we'll be able to get into Ft. Lauderdale on schedule tomorrow.

Well, I'm off for my manicure and pedicure....aren't those two of life's greatest pleasures!!!!

Beth

As long as we don't have any Elvis or Michael Jackson look alikes, I'm fine.
Trekkies won't bother me, so Crista go ahead and wear the spock ears!! It'll be cute. I think I'd even pay to see you do it on the formal night!!

Debbie- I got them printed!!! I am so proud of myself!! You have no idea how computer illiterate I am!!

Man, I'm flying into Miami on Sunday morning and I am SO worried about the weather...I hope to get a chance to meet you all on the ship, though!

One question...my documents say that they are only boarding the ship between 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM...Lord willing we make it on time, we should be at the port by 12:30/12:45...will we have to stand around for 45 minutes before we get to board?

OK people are trying to irritate me and ruin my good "going on vacation" mood. :mad: I just called the party store who said they ordered my leis. She says, oh doesn't look like we're going to be able to get them. After they told me they had found them and they were supposed to be here last Monday. I know..I know..No biggie...but I'm irritated none the less. Oh well..I will try to find something...if nothing else I will HAVE to wear the spock ears so you will know me.:D I will also be the one running around yelling..SHARON..SHARON..where are you?? LOL

Tara - they almost always start letting people on the ship way before the times listed on the docs. I've heard that for the Valor they usually start letting people on between 12-1pm. The storm should be gone by the time you fly in on Sunday, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

Michelle - I'm glad you were able to print out the capers, although I'm sure you realize that in two short days you'll have your own.

Crista - I bet you could wear some really big dangly earrings if you had spock ears. Don't worry about the leis - Marcy said she will be bringing lots of extras with her.

Archived