Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Well I made it through my sons first day or school!!! I didnt even cry, he didnt as well.
I just got off the phone with Kevin and everything is good to go. I dont have a confirmation number yet, he said it would take about a week. He has to refund my old conf, then re do with this one. So we are there :)
I will definatly put up our info on the Belize board. We all loved it , even Dh who doesnt get excited about much :) I never felt "afraid or scared" the food and people were great. WE went the 1st week of may. It is very very humid there!! WHoo I couldnt even get my dry swim suit on, it just stuck like glue. Ill try to post some pictures as well.

Newbie - Isn't it funny how the first day of school is more stressful for us than it is for them? I am also looking forward to seeing your post about Belize over on our group board, and if you've been to any of our other ports feel free to post about them too.

P.S. It looks like you need to change your countdown clock & signature to show that you are now a Voyager, not a Vampire. ;)

Now on to the really important stuff. ;) Have any of you been to Carlos N' Charlies in Cozumel? If so, what did you think of it? I keep hearing what a fun place it is, and this will be my first time in Cozumel so I am thinking of going there. Are any of you planning on visiting there when we are in Cozumel?

LOL Debbie. When we were in Cozumel we did not go into Carlos and Charlies but we walked by it and it looked like alot of fun. We unfortunately just didn't have enough time to go inside. Me and Howie (dh) plan on stopping in for a drink or 2 or who knows maybe more on our voyager cruise.

[quote name='Snowball']
Nancy - Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that your computer is back up & running - I was wondering where you were. Make sure you check out our group boards because we have been posting info on ports, hotels, etc. over there.[/QUOTE]
Debbie- Where is the group board at? Could you post a link for me please?

Nancy - here is a link to our [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98"]group board[/url]. We have already listed some info on there for our ports of call, airfare, and hotels - feel free to add to it. :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Welcome aboard to the new Valor Voyagers that have booked or are going to book this week. :D Please introduce yourself here when you are officially booked and join in the pre-cruise fun!!! Also check out our group board for ports of call, hotel, and airfare information. Feel free to post any info you want to share on the group board too.[/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]I will contact the t/a on Friday and get an up to date count of all the cabins for our group, and will post something here to let everyone know how many we have. This group is really picking up now!!! :D [/size][/font]

I just checked Carnival's website, and they have lots of inside cabins showing as available there. I will call the t/a and see what's going on. It is possible that all the group space is selling out on the cruise, but I'll find out for sure and post back here as soon as I know.

I spoke to our t/a about whether the inside cabins are really all gone. He said that his assistant took the call from jaxhappy yesterday, so he isn't too sure about what their conversation was, but he thinks that his assistant meant that there were no more [b][u]inside triples[/u][/b] left - [b][u]there are still plenty of inside, oceanview, and balcony doubles available.[/u][/b] He is calling Carnival now to verify what the remaining inventory issee what the situation is as far as remaining rooms. I will update this post as soon as I hear back from him.

Ok - I just heard back from the t/a, and here's the scoop. There are plenty of cabins left for this cruise, but there are no inside triples or quads left - only oceanview or balcony cabins are available for tripes and quads.

Also, [b][u]today is the absolute last day that you can book with this group for $25[/u][/b]. The t/a tried to get Carnival to give us another extension, but they wouldn't approve us for any more. So if you are considering joining this group, make sure you book today so you can get in on this great deal. :D

I forgot to say that the t/a said as of this morning we have 18 cabins booked!!! Yay for us!!! I wonder if any more will book before this day is over.

I hope that the newbies will come out and play with the rest of us here on our thread. :D

[quote name='newbie2cruise']Well I made it through my sons first day or school!!! I didnt even cry, he didnt as well.
I just got off the phone with Kevin and everything is good to go. I dont have a confirmation number yet, he said it would take about a week. He has to refund my old conf, then re do with this one. So we are there :)
I will definatly put up our info on the Belize board. We all loved it , even Dh who doesnt get excited about much :) I never felt "afraid or scared" the food and people were great. WE went the 1st week of may. It is very very humid there!! WHoo I couldnt even get my dry swim suit on, it just stuck like glue. Ill try to post some pictures as well.[/QUOTE]
heY GOT MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER TODAY SO ALL IS SET. iVE BEEN LOOKING INTO THINGS TO DO AT THE PORTS, WILL ADD MY BELIZE EXPERIANCE THIS WEEKEND AS WELL :) BEEN TOO BUSY WITH SCHOOL. DID I MENTION I AM A MASSAGE THERAPIST, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THE SPA, COME TO ME :)

[size=3][font=Arial][b]OK - here is the updated list of our group members:[/b]

Name----------------# of cabins----Dinner Seating
Snowball (Debbie)------5-----------Early[/font][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3]Nancy M. (Nancy)--------1-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]MFinn (Mary)--------------3-----------Late[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Yankeegirl (Deni)--------1-----------???[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Lyndamr (Lynda)---------2-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Newbie2cruise-----------2-----------Late[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]lhall85917-----------------2------------???[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]According to my expect calculations,:rolleyes: we have at least 20 cabins booked with our group now (maybe more). There are still a few people booked that are unaccounted for. Hopefully they'll come out and start posting and have fun with the rest of us. :) [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]lhall - I'm so glad you were able to book - sounds like you made it just under the wire. :eek: Who will be cruising as part of your group? Is this your first cruise? [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]newbie - you could always set up a massage area on the deck during the cruise - that would be a great way to make extra money for foo-foo drinks and excursions. ;) My daughter doesn't go back to school until September 8th, so she is still enjoying her last few weeks of freedom. :p [/size][/font]

we booked 2 balconies - my husband and I are traveling with our then to be 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend. We just took them for their freshman year at Marquette this week, so suffering from empty nest this week. It should be fun to have a relaxing week with them to look forward to next summer. I teach school and its always much better to have something to count down to at the end of the year! :D
We have been on a Disney cruise and NCL twice, this is our first with carnival. We reserved early seating - 1st sitting - 5:45.
We have been to the Cayman Islands before for a week (not a cruise), but none of the other ports. My husband and I went to Alaska in July for our last cruise. I'll be watching the ports of call board for suggestions and hints.
We're looking forward to the trip. Kevin didn't mention the $150/room credit when I booked with him, hoping that shows up when I get confirmation in the next few days.

You will get the credit on your sail and sign account on the ship. THat way your acct starts off in the negative !
Snowball_ ill definatly give cheap massages to anyone that wants one, I still cant believe how much the cruise ship charges!! Crazy! My charge is about half. let me see... 1 foo foo = 10 minutes massage and so on. What a great idea hee hee

A foo-foo drink is the yummy frozen ones (daquiri, pina colada, miami vice, etc). The $150 shipboard credit will not appear on your invoice, because it is contingent on us ending up with 8 cabins at sailing (which we definitely will). What will happen is when you board the ship your s & s will automatically show the credit. Most groups only get a $50 to $75 credit, so the $150 credit we are getting is great!!!

newbie & lhall - what are your first names? I hate calling people by their screen names - I'm not really sure why, it just bothers me. :rolleyes: Unless you would prefer that I call you by your screen names, then its ok. :)

My sister's name is Sharon, so that will be an easy one for me to remember. :)

By the way, in 41 weeks we will be sailing away. I know that is a long time away, but at least we have something to look forward to. :rolleyes: :p

Archived