Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Crista - that is so wonderful that you made such great friends during your last cruise and are sailing with them again this year! Where are you staying the night before the cruise? We're staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Miami Beach, and will definitely be going to South Beach that night. Do you know where in SOBE you'll be that night? This will be my first time there, so I'm still not sure where we'll be, although I'm leaning towards having dinner at the Big Pink.

Kim - I usually buy the bar coupons, but didn't this year. You do save a little money if you use them for the frozen drinks (daquiries, pina coladas, etc) but it can be a pain if you are like me and forget to carry them with you. :rolleyes:

According to past cruisers, the Valor has been moving its clocks by one hour during the cruise, so I'm thinking that Soto's will probably move us back to the afternoon excursion. I'm going to e-mail them the week before our cruise to confirm.

[quote name='Marcys']Crista, I seem to remember a big outlet area that you can see from I71, on the west side of the road. Just don't know how far it is from Columbus.[/QUOTE]

There is one south of Columbus off of 71. But Dublin and where you are staying is north. That is the one I was thinking of. If you are talking about one north of Columbus, I don't know of it.

Snowball - We are staying at the Best Western South Beach. I have no idea where we are going yet. I was kind of leaving it up to my friend to figure out...but I may need to get on it. Let me know if you come up with something and maybe we will head there.

We would definitly be a sight in orange thongs!! I don't think the "saints and the sinners" or the "valor vampires" would be able to top that one. If we go with the thongs than I think we must reiterate the phrase "What happens on the Valor stays on the Valor!

Considering the fact that most of us are teachers, we really don't want any photos popping up on the internet with the slogan "Teachers Gone Wild" :D :D

[color=red]HELP[/color][color=blue] I need someone to do a quick get over the shingles dance.[/color][color=black] My husband came down with the shingles a week ago and is really hurting:eek: . I am really worried about going on our cruise. If anyone out there knows how to get rid of them by dancing or not, haha, please help me. We have been looking forward to this cruise for months. He can hardly move around, the shingles are so very painful. I have just started to get organized when this hit us:mad: . I am just hoping and praying we can go. Maybe if I get one of those orange thongs and dance around him, he will either be cured or pass out:p . [/color]

HI everyone! I'm back...I think! "The Computer Dude" was here today and so far so good!

I just caught up with everything....sounds like I missed alot! Welcome Crista! Still no docs but our PVP said they weren;t being printed till late last week so hopefully we'll see them soon!

Sharon - You are SO lucky...only 3 more days! We have 11! The kids are ready to go now and so am I! You must start pretty early in August to get out so early!

Hmmm....orange thongs....don't think I have one but I'm sure DD does!

Debbie - HOpe you are feeling better! DD and I had a great day in Philly on Sat....didn't know the Italian Market festival was going on so that was an added bonus. DH said he is definately interested in the CC cruise next summer. I'll email you!

Connie - I don;'t know much about shingles but my dad did have them. I think he just took some kind of meds and they cleared up but not sure how long that took..hope your DH is feeling better soon!

Michelle - "Teachers Gone Wild"! What a great idea for a show!! DS plans on making a comprehensive movie of the cruise so you never know what he might capture!!

Well, I gonna go read everything I missed so I'll check in later!

Beth

Oh no Connie!!! I don't know much about shingles, except that they are very painful and can take a while to go away. :( Hopefully your hubby's will get better quickly so that you can still go on the cruise.

Beth - I'm glad you finally got your computer working again. You should check out our new roll call thread for next year's cruise - it's right here on the Carnival board - then e-mail me if you have any questions. :)

Hi Beth! Welcome back!

Connie, I'm so sorry about your husband! Is he taking any antivirals?? They can sometimes lessen the severity and the course of shingles. Your doctor may be able to help out there.

There are 2 new reviews today on the Carnival board. I asked on of them about getting on an early in Belize. Here's the response:
"the line for tickets starts at 7:30... we flaked out on the time difference and ended up there at exactly 7:30. Thought it was 8:30. SO... waited an hour, got the first #1 stickers for the first tender, but they were calling all the carnival tours, so finally we said, that's it, and just filled in with the people on carnival tours, and i saw NO ONE checking for tender tickets... they certainly didn't check ours. I didn't feel too bad about jumping on a carnival tender since we actually did wait in line an hour!!"

One group that's sailing soon is wearing yellow and green leis to their meet and mingle to recognize each other. That's an idea if you think the orange thong isn't a good idea! And, they're cheap to buy!;)

Kim, here is Brad's email at the orphanage - [email]brad@csiroatan.org[/email]. We'll be happy to take anything anyone brings, our driver should be there waiting with a van. Just be sure to let me know once we get onboard so that I can fill out a customs declaration form to take it offboard.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh my!! I was going to be so funny and post a pic of an orange thong and when I did a google search I was taken to some not good places! :eek: I think we'd better stick with the kind that go on the feet. :o Or perhaps orange leis ...

Oh my gosh, Michelle, we have a wild woman with us!

Hey, did you guys read the most recent reviews from last week's sailing. A naked man dove into the crowd at Fat Tuesday's.:eek: He didn't even have on a thong!:o

Here's a tip from a cruiser last week on how to get an early tender in Belize. Sounds like you get on line early (which we already knew), and go to the Ivanhoe theater. But when they start calling Carnival tours, just move along with them. Several posters have said they don't check tender tickets in these groups.

[quote name='4JCruiser']For Belize tender, they start handing out numbers at 8:30, so I got in line around 8:00 and got a low tender number. We went to the Ivanhoe balcony as instructed, but immediately went down to gateway since they said all numbers could proceed to gateway. They never asked to see our number. We were early for our tour. However, for Grand Cayman, we went for our tender number closer to 9:00 and got a higher number. They did check numbers for Grand Cayman and passengers without numbers were told they had to wait.[/QUOTE]

We're still going to get in line for the early tender tickets though, right? I'd rather have the early tickets and not need them, then try to sneak in line and need them and not have them. :o

Two quick questions...my tour for Belize is supposed to pick us up right at the ship (we're doing Goff's Caye Snorkeling)...does anyone know if we would still have to wait in line for a tender number?

Also, I keep hearing people talk about bug spray for Roatan. I have very sensitive skin, and am allergic to most bug sprays and sun screens (which isn't exactly easy all the time, that's for sure). Does anyone know of any bug sprays for sensitive skin?

Tara - I think that the only tours that take you right from the ship without tendering to the dock first are those booked directly through Carnival. So if your Goff's Cay excursion is booked through Carnival, then I don't think you need to tender in first. As for the bug spray - maybe you can try some of the Avon Skin So Soft sunblock/bug repellent products.

Crista - a lot of us are booked wtih Wet N' Wild to do the cave tubing excursion in Belize.

I just officially booked next year's cruise!!! :D That was the highlight of my otherwise crappy day. :( I'm still sick, back at work, and the weather outside is cold and rainy. Oh well, hopefully things will improve tomorrow. On the bright side, we're down to 19 days left. Can't wait to reach the single digits!!! :)

Sorry you're not feeling any better, Debbie! I know just what you need...a cruise!!:D

Continental called today to tell me my flight from Atlanta to Miami was cancelled and they had us on a flight getting in Saturday night after midnight. I told them no way!:mad: So, we now leave Cleveland at 2 and get in at 7:30, 2 hours earlier than previously scheduled. We can have dinner and walk around Bayside Market and get to bed at a more reasonable time. I hate to start a cruise already tired!Also gives a little more leeway for bad weather (NOT) and delays.

Don't worry I would never really put on a thong, it would be a scary sight!!Maybe in my prebaby days, but definitely not after two kids!!

Debbie, I hope you feel better soon!

Emilio, where have you been?, I've been waiting to hear back from you to see what you have decided in regards to the cave tubing.

Debbie - sorry you aren't feeling better - maybe you're just getting it over now so you can feel fantabulous for the cruise!! :D
Marcy - sounds like you had excitement with your flight - luck for you it worked out so you get in earlier!
Maybe we are all just getting the crappiness out of the way today. I had an email that 8 credit hours of grad credits I took this year are going to be turned into 4 instead. :mad: I'm still trying to straighten that mess out, I'll need a cruise by the time it gets here for sure.
I read on the fashion board about some great sandal sale at Payless shoes so I'm thinking it might be time for a shopping cure for my case of the crappies. We'll see how it works out, apparently you can even order online and have them shipped free to the store - might be worth a shot.
Anyone have any good news?

Archived