Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Sharon - that is too funny!!! Thanks - I really needed that laugh! :D

Here's the picture of the orange thong that Sharon linked to:

[img]http://payless.com/Images/beauty/040210_beauty.gif[/img]

:) Hey you orange thong girls, the shingles dance must have worked, because my husband is feeling much better. The shingles are starting to go away and so is the pain. I am really glad the dance worked because he was starting to get a little grummpy:mad: , not good. It is cold and rainy here also, and cannot even be outside in the yard working. Let me know if you girls are going to wear your thongs to the meet and greet, because I will have to go out and buy some, it is not going to be pretty:eek: . What is everyone doing for Memorial weekend? See you later.

Good morning everyone!! Your well wishes must be helping, because I feel a little better today. Hopefully I've turned the corner and am on the road to recovery. :)

Connie - I am so happy to hear that your hubby is starting to feel better. Now you really have to get back into cruise mode!!!

Marcy - how is that sunless tanning coming along? Do you have all those splotches evened out yet?

Hey all,

Yes, my Belize excursion IS booked directly through Carnival...so in that case, I guess it means that I don't have to wait in line for a tender, since they are supposed to pick us up right at the ship. :o)

Ugh, we still have 18 days until the cruise...but no documents yet, for us...I'm getting a little nervous...

WOOHOO...guess what I just did??? I just booked a week long trip to Alaska, for over the 4th of July! I will going alone to visit my sister who lives outside of Anchorage! How's that for one summer...both the Caribbean and Alaska!!:D Oh, and inbetween I'll be driving my daughter to Washington DC.

Debbie, I am SO glad you are feeling better. Did you see the thread you started on the Coz board? PB Tom wrote...tell the bartender free shots are on him! I wonder if he's serious, but we should print out the thread and bring it along!

The sunless tan is fading. Proably this weekend I will try again. This time I'm armed with tips from the fashion ladies, er, ah, sisters!! [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=180642"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=180642[/url]

Connie, I'm glad your husband is also feeling better! The orange thong dance works again!

Alright, OK...if you guys don't want to wear orange thongs, how about we wear orange leis. One roll call wore them in green and yellow and this made other CC people very easy to spot that first day. They wore them to the pier and immediately recognized other CCers. Last time we cruised we wore blue and gold ribbons to the pier. It was really a lot of fun spotting other people with the ribbons and introducing ourselves and trying to guess who was whom. Would you guys be interested in something like this??

Sharon, just noticed the link to the "orange thong." We could all wear THOSE orange thongs to the pier. We'd just have to look down to recognize each other. I could just see all these ladies looking at us like we're crazy when we approach them just bc they are wearing orange foot thongs!!:eek:

Marcy - congrats on booking your trip to Alaska!!! The orange leis sound like a good idea to me. Is that ok with everyone else??? I'll wear an orange lei over and orange thong any day. :p

Tara - don't worry too much about not having docs. I've heard several stories where people never got them (if they got lost in the mail or whatever) and they just have you show up at the terminal with you ID and tell them you never got your docs - no problem. Even though I know you feel better having those docs in hand.

I'm new to this website but I have been reading so much good info. My family and I will be on the JUne 6 trip and had some questions. How is the kids club on the valor. Has anyone been on this ship or heard about it? I have a 3 and almost 5 yr old. I'm kinda nervous about leaving them there. Also the night time babysitting, any info would be great.

What I have been reading I guess booking a taxi on each island is the way to go? Please help. Thanks so much.

We are from Miami so if you need any info on what to do or stay let me know. Thanks

Oh Michelle - you are sooo bad!!! You know what I meant! :p

Hi RJ1 - I'm glad you made it over here to our roll call. We didn't start sailing until my daughter was much older than your children, so I can't really comment on the camp program for the young kids, but here are a few links to Camp Carnival information that is over on Carnival's website:

[url="http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Camp_Carnival_Program.aspx"][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Camp_Carnival_Program.aspx[/color][/size][/font][/url]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]

[url="http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Camp_Carnival_Babysitting.aspx"][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Camp_Carnival_Babysitting.aspx[/color][/size][/font][/url]

I can't speak from experience on the Valor, but on our other Carnival ship, Camp Carnival was awesome. My kids were 3 and 6 last year, and I couldn't pull them out of there. The counselors were so good with them, the activities were great. We literally ate dinner together one night, because they would beg to go there for their parties and dinners. I finally made a rule that since this was a family vacation, we got their morning and after lunch they could go to Camp Carnival for the rest of the day if they wanted. They never stayed with me past lunch, unless we were on an island. And even then..they asked when they could go back to the ship and get to camp.

We also utilized the babysitting, and again, had no compaints. I thought for sure my 3 year old son would want mommy and I would be paged. It never happened. I actually had them check my pager to make sure it wasn't broken...LOL. Hope this at least helps a little.

I'm sorry Debbie but it was too easy:p

RJ1, I have cruised twice before with my kids. They are 6 and 9 now. They have loved the Camp Carnival program. The first time I cruised with them they were about your children's ages. It was a perfect vacation. They were perfectly well behaved and they never wanted to leave the Camp ( Now you know why it was so good for me!) IMO cruising is the best vacation to do with kids. I have also gone to some all inclusives in Mexico and the Carribbean, but I find the cruises to be a much better value and experience. Relax and enjoy.

[quote name='emarismom']"I'll wear an orange lei over and orange thong any day. :p "

I think I would prefer the orange lei over normal clothes. An orange lei over an orange thong is a little to much even for a wild woman like me.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was thinking of JUST the orange lei!!:eek:

OK, we're all getting a little giddy here...obviously we're under tremendous stress and in great need of a cruise!! However, if you show up in JUST an orange lei, we'll definately recognize you!!

You know, there was a news story yesterday about a guy that was walking around in Doylestown (a Philadelphia suburb) dressed [u]only[/u] in a Zoro mask. I wonder if he was going to meet other cruisers and that was the agreed upon way of recognizing each other? :rolleyes: :p

Here's a link to the news story about this guy: [url="http://www.nbc10.com/news/4527980/detail.html"]http://www.nbc10.com/news/4527980/detail.html[/url]

Hey, guys! Here's a message from Tom, at Paradise Beach. He must LOVE CC people. Should I respond and tell Tom that the waiter can recognize us by the orange thongs?:D

[quote name='Paradise_Beach_Tom']Looks like we'll be in NYC June 6 to 17th! Just missed ya!

We had an ultrasound yesterday, just one Critter in there, and we couldn't tell yet if it was an "innie" or an "outtie"!! ;) Sure was cool watching it move around though! :)

Have a great time at the beach, tell the waiter to get you some free shooters courtesy of me....have fun![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Paradise_Beach_Tom']Marcys...I'll leave instructions for the bartenders to spoil you all!!!
My travel agent just called with a cheaper fare, so it looks like we'll be gone June 9th to the 20th...

[/QUOTE]

Now Sharon, what on earth is making you say that??:rolleyes:

I think I can handle it! :p I just told everyone they had to wear orange leis when we board - that went over well - NOT! LOL - I'm going to make them wear them anyway, I told them everyone is and they have to be social!
Tomorrow is my last day of school with kids - I'll be doing the summer dance tomorrow afternoon! :D Time for lei shopping!

Here we go again thong girls. I have not been able to find a orange lei, so would it be OK if I just wear my orange thong around my neck. I am sure you will all be able to reconize me:eek: . I will be the one with the orange thong around her neck, and toe and nail polish to match. Good old neon orange would be my choice for everything, I do have a loud orange outfit, would that be okay.:D I think I will be alright if I do not wear orange nylons, and my toe and nail polish is not chipped. What do you all think:confused: .

I have two leis with hibiscus' on them. They are fancy with all different color
flowers, so I think my husband and I will wear them. I will be looking for orange leis for the kids. My daughter will love it, my 9 year old son will cringe. I haven't told any of them yet, but I figure I'll just give my husband the choice of the flower lei, the orange thong, or the zoro mask. The choice is obvious:D :D

Our last day with kids is next Wednesday!! That's 4 days. I am going more stir crazy than the kids!! If I can't contain my excitement, how can I expect them to be cool, calm, and collected;)

Archived