Mariner Balcony question

I just got back from a cruise on the Navigator and I'm in the process of planning a cruise on the Mariner for next year. I need to confirm the balconies on the Mariner are like the ones on the Navigator and very open. I understand the Mariner is a bit newer than the Navigator, yet older ships in that same series such as the Yoyager have closed in balconies (like you would be looking out an open door, but to see out you would need to step out to the railing and look over and out). Any info would be helpful.

I just got back from a cruise on the Navigator and I'm in the process of planning a cruise on the Mariner for next year. I need to confirm the balconies on the Mariner are like the ones on the Navigator and very open. I understand the Mariner is a bit newer than the Navigator, yet older ships in that same series such as the Yoyager have closed in balconies (like you would be looking out an open door, but to see out you would need to step out to the railing and look over and out). Any info would be helpful.

Mariner and Navigator are basically Voyager Rev. 2, fairly significant upgrades for passengers based on lessons learned from the first three ships. Here's a link to take a look at some really good information about the Voyager class including scads of pictures, http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/galleries/cabins.html#Anchor-balconies. Basically Mariner should be very similar to Navigator, so it has the balconies that you could sit in your chair and see the water. Hope it helps.

Mariner balconies are open, have clear glass on the front (looking out over the water) and have smoked-glass curved partitions.

Might I suggest that you go for any D1 aft balcony on Deck 10.

Rooms 1388 and 1688 are the size of junior suites for the D1 price and the balconies have a bit of an obstructed view, but nothing that you would complain about.

Rooms 1390 and 1690 are normal sized rooms but have balconies that have no obstructed views and can fit 8 people seated and 12 standing, comfortably

Archived