Home video clips of Inside Passage sailing May 10-17, 2006

crusingici

I thought some of you might enjoy my short (YES, SHORT!) home videos of some of the gorgeous scenery. The camera was new and I really had not practiced with the movie feature of my digital camera but decided to try. I really am glad I have these short clips.

Whenever you see a black screen with a click sound that is when I took a still shot. Sometimes it was hard to keep it still as the wind was blowing or I had on gloves and if I took them off my fingers were frozen --- I should say I just wanted to give everyone a sense of being on the ship!!! :eek:

I was just really lucky to have the camera in hand and poised as the calving started in Glacier Bay. We were on our balcony and it is funny to hear how excited my DH was - I was excited too but I was holding the camera!! :rolleyes:

I did not realize sometimes I had the camera verticle and not horizontal:o ..... It was really hard to take video on the glacier with those huge gloves they gave us to wear....so now that I have made all these excuses you don't even want to go see them!

Also, if you do not want to hear the comments of others around me - just turn your volume down ... then it really is a more peaceful experience :)

www.dropshots.com/alaska06

www.dropshots.com/alaska2006

www.dropshots.com/tracyarm

I thought some of you might enjoy my short (YES, SHORT!) home videos of some of the gorgeous scenery. The camera was new and I really had not practiced with the movie feature of my digital camera but decided to try. I really am glad I have these short clips.

Whenever you see a black screen with a click sound that is when I took a still shot. Sometimes it was hard to keep it still as the wind was blowing or I had on gloves and if I took them off my fingers were frozen --- I should say I just wanted to give everyone a sense of being on the ship!!! :eek:

I was just really lucky to have the camera in hand and poised as the calving started in Glacier Bay. We were on our balcony and it is funny to hear how excited my DH was - I was excited too but I was holding the camera!! :rolleyes:

I did not realize sometimes I had the camera verticle and not horizontal:o ..... It was really hard to take video on the glacier with those huge gloves they gave us to wear....so now that I have made all these excuses you don't even want to go see them!

Also, if you do not want to hear the comments of others around me - just turn your volume down ... then it really is a more peaceful experience :)

Very cool! Thanks for posting your videos. :)

Great Clips!!!! We leave on the Island Princess Northbound on June 12. I think I heard something in one of the clips about ya'll being from Louisiana. Was I correct? If so, where? My husband was born and raised in Denham Springs and graduated from LSU.

What type of digital camera were you using?

Thanks again for sharing.

We leave on the Spirit June 21st (less than three weeks). Your movies were so cool! Makes me more anxious to get there. Thank you for taking the time to post them so shortly after your trip. I would also like to know what type/model of camera you used. It appeared you were having fun using it and the zoom was great.

Thank you for the praise for those lil clips - too bad I did not practice with that part of my camera before the trip! I did not think about taking videos on it till I was there and doing it!

My camera is a Canon Power Shot S2-IS -- my daughter has the S1 and I loved it - in May they came out with the S3 -- I wondered if I would be happy with it since it is larger than "pocket size" - and yes, I had no trouble with it even with all the hiking and trekking we did - I love it.

2CutiesCruisin - you will LOVE mid May due to the gorgeous snow -- we want to take friends back in 2 years and although I'd love to be around for the bears catching the salmon we will probably go mid May again....such a contrast in the scenery.

Epp - yes, we are from La - that was my chatter box DH talking - he never knew when I was taking movies so you see how well the camera grabs the sound! I figured it would sound worse if I asked him to be quiet!:rolleyes:

My daughter lives in Baton Rouge and used to travel to D Springs for part of her job....small world!!!

Thank you to the rest of you for your kind words -- I enjoyed my camera so much that I took over 1,000 photos with it - and all but about 3 or 4 were good - it has a little box that turns green if it is focused -- I highly recommend it!

Happy travels to you ALL -- this is just one of those perfect destinations!!

Archived