Would Like Names Of Limo Services....

CCotton5

I'm looking for a limo service to take us from the Red Hook Port in Brooklyn to LaGuardia Airport to catch our plane. I read that it is a long walk to the taxis outside the port and I am disabled. So any names, numbers, or websites would be helpful.

Thanks,

Christy

I got this info from "Sue/tabascored"

"The name is Transtar Executive and the phone is 1 800 894 7827. "

I called to set one up this morning. Very nice people. So nice, in fact, it took a while to convince them to book us. He suggested it would be less expensive to have the hotel call us a cab. Had to assure him I WANTED his service and not a cab. Then he was happy to book us.

$100 for a car. $140 for a limo.

We booked with Carmel and are paying $36 for a car for two but that's from the cruise terminal to hotel in Manhatten! Phone is 1-800-9carmel. We did book them from Lagurdia to hotel on 06/08, hotel to terminal on 06/09 and terminal to hotel 07/03 and then hotel to airport 07/04 but I don't think there's any discount.

The cost depends on tolls (from airport to Manhatten), time of day (more after 8PM) and where the pick up is (for example it's a bit more to pick us up at the terminal and take to the hotel than the reverse route). I was told this is because they charge more when the pickup is considered "out of town". Anyway, it all seemed very reasonable to me compared to other companies.

Of course, you could do as the guy at Transtar suggested. Just go to the desk and tell them to have a taxi/car ready there for you the next day at the time you wish. 9 our of ten times, that should work.

I've read here that cabs are cir. $40, so the car mentioned in the previous post probably costs no more or less.

The Transtar cars are billed as "Sedan", but a car is a car.

Of course, you could do as the guy at Transtar suggested. Just go to the desk and tell them to have a taxi/car ready there for you the next day at the time you wish. 9 our of ten times, that should work.

I've read here that cabs are cir. $40, so the car mentioned in the previous post probably costs no more or less.

The Transtar cars are billed as "Sedan", but a car is a car.

the cab to midtown is $20.00 or so,... but the limo is better a Town car is the usual limo.

Hi Christy,

I have posted this before on another thread, but perhaps this will help you.

Promenade Car Service - 132 Montague Street, Brooklyn. Tel #718-858-6666. They will accommodate your special needs.

Another poster, NorthernNeighbour from Canada is using them and found them most helpful. They are located not far from Red Hook and they will quote you their fare when you call, so you will have no surprises.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing,

Maria

Archived