Best time of year for Disney Wonder Cruise

gordon24

We currently have disney cruise scheduled for next year - 6/1 - 6/3. I've been checking the disney cruise site and it shows rain all week. Does anyone know how the weather is that time of year? We could also go mid-November - would that be better or is there still chance of hurricanes? Thanks.

June through September is the rainy season. usually that means a good hard thunderstorm for about 30 minutes and that is it. That is the average, it could be more if storms are brewing somewhere.

We have cruised in November and are booked again this November, but it is still Hurricane season. The strongest storms come usually towards the end of the season most of the time too. We just dont worry about them because the ship will avoid them. However if it hits Florida you may have trouble getting to the ship. Last year they docked at St. Peterburg, I believe when they thought the hurricane would come to port canaveral.

We like going in April and May too. The water is warm enough to swim, usually in the 80's for temperatures, no rain, afternoon breezes so it is quite nice. First par tof dEcember is nic etoo. The prices are good because it slows down between the 2 holidays and you get to see the ship all decorated for Christmas too. The weather is usually very nice. A couple of times the water was a little cool to swim, for me. Although the ocean had it's fill of people swimming.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks! Are you doing the 4 land/3 sea? We are so will actually be on the Wonder 6/1-6/3 - is that the same time you are on it? This is our first cruise so I don't want us to be in the rain the whole time on the cruise. Have you ever cruised early June like that or has it always been in May? I'm not worried about Orlando - know it will be warm and this will be our 14th trip to Disney World so know what to expect there.

We are doing the 4-night Wonder starting on May 27-31 2007 and then heading to either Royal Pacific or Hard Rock Hotel for 3 nights to visit Universal and IOA. We have always cruised mid to late May, except we were on the Magic in Feb. of this year and had horrible weather. We are not going to chance going in Feb. again. We are leaving next Sat. on a cruise on the Caribbean Princess just hubby and I. I can let you know when we get back how the weather was. You should join us on the May 27 Wonder! :D

Actually we may be changing our cruise dates and do the 3 land/4 sea which means we'd be on the Wonder when you are! As I said it's our first cruise - it's our daughter's college graduation present - so I want it to be nice and not have to worry about weather etc. I'm calling in the morning to see what staterooms are available. Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks everybody for your help! We decided to do 3 night land/4 night sea after our daughter viewed the DVD with me and commented that 3 nights would be too short on the ship. So we now are on the Wonder 5/27 - 5/31. I can hardly wait and really appreciate all the tips and info from everybody on this forum. Very friendly place to visit - haven't run into one crabby comment! :)

Archived