QUICK HELP!! Shoes on Carabali ATV and Rainforest Canopy Tour

DH forgot his hiking shoes--and our ship leaves in a 8 1/2 hours. We are in a hotel with no shopping around. We are scheduled to take the ATV tour and the Rainforest Canopy Tour. The ATV tour description states that closed shoes are recommended. The Rainforest tour doesn't say anything.

He does have athletic sandals which are about half closed in. Other than that, it's dress shoes for formal night.

Does anyone know...will he be able to go, or will he be turned down once he gets there?

Have been on canopy tour before and would think that athletic sandals would be fine. Have also been on ATV's and, while closed toed shoes would certainly be better (moving parts/open toes etc) if they say recommended rather than required, you should be ok. Depending on the ship, there will probably be a store that has shoes for sale. Also-are there any ports you are visiting prior to these tours? You could probably pick up some shoes in the ports. Have fun.

I tried to edit my comment, but I am not sure it worked. If you don't land on the plateform just right you could cause an injury to your foot with a partial opened toe. People either had tennis shoes or hiking type shoes on. Your vacation would be awlful if your foot was injured. 81/2 hours, get a cab, get some shoes to be safe. You'll probably wear them for other things on the ship too.

When we did the ziplines in St. Maarten sneakers/hiking boots were required - no exceptions. I would think it would be the same on the ATV's for safety reasons. I'd get a cab and go purchase a pair of sneakers. I have been on Voyager, Sovereign and Adventure and none of them sold closed toes shoes - just waters shoes and flip flops.

Archived