Shore excursion while waiting for flight?

sunlover41

Im currently thinking of a Mexican Riviera cruise in Feb 2007. Unfortunately,

my return flight isnt until 6 pm on the arrival day. Does anyone know or has anyone taken any type of shore excursion while waiting for their flight to leave? I really dont want to sit at the airport all day!! Thanks, Greg- niksbuddy@hotmail.com

We have taken the transfer excursions several times although not in San Diego. We've done the excursion/transfer combo in Vancouver, Montreal, and Copenhagen. All three were at least good with Copenhagen being the best. We've found that these excursions usually exceed the description. Maybe they keep that rather general so they can adapt to ship arrival times, traffic, etc.

Im currently thinking of a Mexican Riviera cruise in Feb 2007. Unfortunately,

my return flight isnt until 6 pm on the arrival day. Does anyone know or has anyone taken any type of shore excursion while waiting for their flight to leave? I really dont want to sit at the airport all day!! Thanks, Greg- niksbuddy@hotmail.com

Hi Sunlover; We've done that twice in Ft. Lauderdale and in Montreal and it's a heck of a lot better than sitting in a chair at the airport watching people! HAL offers a 3-hr San Diego City Tour and transfer to the airport (or at least did for our FEB 06 Oosterdam cruise). It went for $39 pp if you had/have a pre-paid airport transfer and for $55 pp if you didn't/don't. Your luggage goes with you on the coach. The tour covers a drive through of Balboa Park, the Gas Lamp District and La Jolla as well as a short shopping stop (try saying that 12 times fast in a row;) ) at Old Town. It is available for guests with flights scheduled for 2:30 pm or later so you will still have to spend some time at Lindberg Field but at least not eight hours! You can order it through Shorex on line or on the ship. Good luck to you!

Archived