Sending luggage ahead

I have heard of a service that will let you send your luggage ahead.

Can'temember which shipping company does this.

Has anyone else heard of this?

No...but I am fedex'ing a suitcase to my brother in Seattle and he will bring it to us in Vancouver. I will do the same thing when returning. This way I will have one less thing to tote in the airports.

There've been several threads addressing this very issue; there are several outfits that do this; FedEx being one of them. If my memory serves correctly, unless you're going to give them your luggage at least a week in advance of your cruise, it's frightfully expensive.

Here's one:

http://www.luggagefree.com/pricing.asp

Luggage Free specializes in the door-to-door delivery of excess baggage, bicycle shipping, golf club shipping, ski shipping and anything else that travelers opt not to carry on their trip.

With the option to send unaccompanied luggage ahead to nearly any destination, worldwide, you can now avoid the inconvenience of carrying, checking and claiming baggage – even going through customs.

Dotsie

Actually I have arranged this for a client and they have a port person that they deliver the luggage to and they take it to the ship for you. Service was not cheap but we have done it for an Alaska cruise and Europe cruise before. Picked the luggage up right from home and took it to the ship, did it in reverse on the way back, they only had carry on's with them.

Archived