Cascades location choices

We are booked on Radiance this Thanksgiving, first time with RCI and very excited...

We are a group of ten, and have linked our reservations dining-wise, but can we do more? For example, can we e-mail them and request a specific location for our table?? If so, what location is preferable, deck four or deck five?? I think we would prefer to be on deck four so we could experience the high ceiling, do you agree???

Thanks for your help!!

I must disagree -- partially -- with Wrona (although I've read she is never wrong :)). On every cruise with RCCL and X, through our travel agent we have requested a table on the lower deck and it has been granted with one exception (we were booked and seated with a group without our knowledge). I don't know whether it's been luck or acknowledgment of our request, but I've always assumed the latter. The part I definitely agree with is you cannot specify a table location (center of the room, near a window, etc.).

I think you should make the request and the worst they can do is not fulfill it.

I appreciate your taking the time to help me... Wow, you sure are an experienced cruiser! The fact that you have three RCI cruises assures me that I have made the right decision in choosing RCI for this one....

Karen, thanks so much for the advice, I will surely make the lower level request, and if it doesn't happen, "c'est la vie"....

This board is awesome, the responses are well-informed and almost immediate!!

I must disagree -- partially -- with Wrona (although I've read she is never wrong :)). On every cruise with RCCL and X, through our travel agent we have requested a table on the lower deck and it has been granted with one exception (we were booked and seated with a group without our knowledge). I don't know whether it's been luck or acknowledgment of our request, but I've always assumed the latter. The part I definitely agree with is you cannot specify a table location (center of the room, near a window, etc.).

I think you should make the request and the worst they can do is not fulfill it.

Of course, I'm ALWAYS right:D. One question, how do you go about requesting a specific level because I've never been able to do that?

Wrona, we've always asked our TA to include it in our reservation. Not sure if there is a comments or special requests section or if she calls them. As I mentioned, we were only seated on the second level once because of that group booking (not our regular TA).

dguiltinan, if you aren't happy with your table location, you can always request to be moved. We went to the maitre d' the first night and asked for a table on the lower level, and we were moved the next night.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

I put the request in directly with Royal Caribbean... lower level if possible..

I have read so many wonderful things about Radiance of the Seas on this website, I am getting more and more excited about our upcoming cruise...

Archived