Okay, strange question about saving chairs

Guest Time2gocruzn

JP, I did see someone do that last year and nobody touched their stuff... as long as you are courteous and honest, I think it works just fine...

I think you cannot be dishonnest (sp??) with this because if you write down at what time you are back and that this time is only a few minutes away (NOT hours away), you almost allow people to move your stuff if you're not back around the written time.

I think its a great idea. You should forward it to Carnival :) Maybe they can leave a card in the cabin along with the towels stating how it would work. This might cut down on this chair saving nonsense. By the way, I always remove items and use the lounger. Obly one time did someone show up (dripping wet) and I gladly got up.

I'm a chair saver, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! Now BEFORE you flame me, read the rest of my post! :D There are usually about a dozen of us that cruise together. On the Glory, there were 13 of us. Mark and I get up early, eat breakfast and then and stake out one of those "little" decks on on upper tier, near the slide that have about five or six chairs. (See picture below; that's me in the blue swimsuit.) We are in our chairs by 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. -- the others in our group don't get up quite that early. We sit in the middle of the group of five or six chairs, and don't actually "save" the other ones by putting stuff all over them. If others in our group get out there to join us before anyone else asks us if someone is sitting there, great, but if not, they are on their own. I'd say, by 9:30 each morning, we were actually using all six chairs. There were still plenty of other lounge chairs available at that time. Of the 13 of us, two never sat in the lounge chairs at all, so we had six chairs for 11 people, and just alternated people in the chairs throughout the day. When the adults wanted to go eat, jump in the pool, ride the slide, etc., we'd let the kids sit down for a few minutes. ;) So, we do our chair saving the old-fashioned way, with our FANNIES, not our shoes or $22 towels! :D

Chair_Saving.jpg

We just got home yesterday from the elation. We were up early a few times, and they were just putting the chairs out. During the day the chairs were really full, but there was always a chair to be found. The problem being that it may be between 10 people. You might have to ask them if you could step around them to get it. I do believe that if someone was saving the chair and hadn't returned in a resonable amount of time to take the chair. We had to do this with the laundry situation. People would put laundry in and leave, and then the washer was sitting there useless. I took the clothes out and set them aside, and then told them when they came in, no one seemed to have a problem with it. Oh well if they did, if you were that worried about it don't leave.

Guest Time2gocruzn

OMG! Too funny! I am glad you all feel this way too. I was wondering if I was going to get thrown overboard if I tried it. I think I will go the asking an employee to remove it route. Unless I am feeling brave...you never know with me! LOL! JP2001, I think your idea is wonderful, but unfortunately, I doubt others will follow your wonderful example of courtesy. LSU, your post cracks me up! Sounds like there was going to be a rumble over it. LMAO!! Some people!! Cruisinqt you have it made. My dh isn't 6'6", but he can sure be a brave and downright rude dude if he has to, so maybe I'll give him this job! Thanks for all the replies, I was just wondering about this. I hear a lot of complaints about it, and always wondered....why not just move the stuff!?

I am one of those odd birds that gets a kick out of snagging a chair. It's a daily ritual with me and just part of the fun of cruising. I have seen all the chairs claimed at 7:30 AM with out a soul in sight. Oh give me a break.

I've never had a problem finding a chair...but then I have a plan! I always get up early on a cruise (just can't sleep late!) and I'm up on the Lido deck by 9. And I like the aft pool area, which seems to be less busy. By 11 or so all chairs are taken. But around noon I've had enough sun and gladly go in for lunch and let someone else have my chair! Works for me! :cool:

I think that that is a great idea. We are going on the pride in sepember, I hope to get a seat, but if we have to go somewhere for something then either myself or husband would still be there. And as for saving seats, I don't think so - if the signs say no saving seats then there c**p is out ot there. That type of thing really gets me going. I'm sure that if everyone was curtious and only used the chairs when they were actually there then there wouldn't be any problems. People can be so rude sometimes .

Well I'll be, dmbleser, there is hope in this world when a tiger and a gamecock can agree. In fact if you ever need a lounge chair I'll sure try and save one for you!:D Even if we're not on the same cruise!:) :) :) :) How's that?

We will be on the Sensation next week. Hope I am brave enough to unsave an inappropriately saved chair, or two. We are too much the southerners in my group, but I would love an hour or two in the sun near the pool and music. We are early risers too, but I would not "save" a chair prior to actually using it. hmmmmm Got to think this one through. No one 6 foot or more in our group, except my son and his idea of early is noon.

Maybe it was the time of year but we were on the Elation last Thanksgiving (full ship of 2500 people) and all the chairs were kept stacked up. If you wanted a chair, you just walked over and got one. There was never any shortage of chairs. BTW the weather was beautiful - warm and sunny and the decks were full of sunbathers.

Archived