Dining Room Temp?

etsumom

It really depends on you. The dining room is the same temp in Alaska as it is in the Caribbean. Some women get cold and like to have a wrap with them. I'm in the middle of menopause and I think the temp is perfect. Even if I have on strapless, a long dress still keeps me too warm.

I am always cold in the dining room and theater so I always have a wrap or sweater with me. I think that the temperatures are similar to most landbased resturants and movie theaters so, if you are a comfortable in spaghetti straps (or something similar) in those locations you will probably be comfortable on the ship. Wraps don't take much space when you pack so I'd suggest tossing one in your suitcase - just in case!:)

If you normally find air conditioned restaurants too chilly, you might want to have a sweater or light jacket.

I tended to get cold when we returned into the air conditioning after spending time outside in the humid evening air.

On our ship they were selling "pashmina" shawls in many colours for $10. If I hadn't brought a sweater, I probably would have purchased one of those.

I'm always chilly and take a few shawls, bolero's and/or cardigans with me.

BTW, the $10. shawls sold on many ships are hardly pashmina, which is cashmere/silk combination. They're rayon.

I'm always chilly and take a few shawls, bolero's and/or cardigans with me.

BTW, the $10. shawls sold on many ships are hardly pashmina, which is cashmere/silk combination. They're rayon.

Yes, that's why I put the "pashmina" in quotations. The signs around the stores were proclaiming PASHMINA, so I had a giggle when I saw the price and fibre content!

In a pinch, they certainly serve the purpose!

Yes, that's why I put the "pashmina" in quotations. The signs around the stores were proclaiming PASHMINA, so I had a giggle when I saw the price and fibre content!

So did they sell CZ's and advertise them as diamonds? Just as illegal!

In a pinch, they certainly serve the purpose!

Totally agree. Nothing wrong with a rayon shawl in a pretty color at a great price.

I just get annoyed when I see stores lying to its customers.

Temperature is so subjective. I am TOTALLY hot natured and found the overall temp on the HAL cruise about 5 degrees above my comfort level. I was ok in the dinning room, but shows and large groups made me miserable. I had to leave a show from getting overheated. I reverted to short sleeves onboard for the rest of the trip and only carried a coat for rain. Judge how you usually react, and a light sparklie shrug takes so little room in a bag it might be the best bet. You'll know after the first casual night what the temps like.

I think it depends on if you are typically cold or warm natured. I tend to get cold in air conditioned restuarants or other places, so I brought a sweater for casual nights and a shawl for formal night that I just put around my shoulders and tied behind my back. If you aren't sure how you might react (I know I also get colder in air conditioning when I've been spending a lot of time in the sun), you can always bring a shawl and/or sweater and use it if you need it.

Archived