"LIVE" from the Grandeur 06/04/06

Radio, any idea why ship will be late arriving Baltimore on Friday?

I wonder if it was delayed leaving due to the NCL Crown running aground? Some of the pictures of the Crown showed the Grandeur in the same area, but I don't know if she was blocking their departure or not. I think they moved the Crown to the dockyard for closer inspection after they freed her.

Theron

Thanks Radio for the great pictures!

Could you tell me what time you sailed from Baltimore and how long did it take to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? We are sailing from Baltimore in Oct. and we leave at 4 p.m. We are trying to figure out what time we will be sailing under the bridge. I thought it was around 2 hours to the bridge but someone else on the boards said it took 8 hours. That doesn't sound right to me but maybe I misunderstood her.

Thanks!

We left the Port at 5PM and were at the Bay Bridge at 7PM...

It took about 8 hrs to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

At the Baltimore pier, are you able to get back to your vehicle after you board? I would like to carry on my gowns but not until the room is ready. Thanks,

Yes..you can leave the ship, just make sure you are back by 4PM.....

Radio

;) ;)

Radio, any idea why ship will be late arriving Baltimore on Friday?

The currents have bben very rough, and the wind is 40-50 kts. My GPS shows that we will be at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by 1:30AM at the present speed. That should put us in Baltimore by no earlier than 9:30 AM.

This is just my calculation...the Captain has not said anything about us getting in late....

Radio

;) ;)

I wonder if it was delayed leaving due to the NCL Crown running aground? Some of the pictures of the Crown showed the Grandeur in the same area, but I don't know if she was blocking their departure or not. I think they moved the Crown to the dockyard for closer inspection after they freed her.

Theron

Hi Theron...We left Bermuda at 4 as was scheduled. The channel that the Crown was is was different than the Channel to depart Kings Wharf...

Radio

;) ;)

Is there a special club lounge for diamond members on the Grandeur as there is on Radience and Voyager type ships?

Sorry, No Concierge Lounge on Grandeur. Concierge Lounges are only available on Voyager Class, Radiance Class, and the Enchantment of the Seas.

Radio;) ;)

Hello everyone..as mentioned earlier, we should be arriving at the Norfolk Area at 1:30 AM. We will pick up the Pilot at Cape Henry, then sail up the Chesapeake Bay....I think we should arrive 8 hours later.

I will post updates as they are announced.

My folks will be sailing the following 9 Day Caribbean....My next cruise should be the Empress of the Seas or maybe Explorer. My next cruise will make me Diamond Plus !! Yipee....

I will post lots more pics when I get home tomorrow. I also have Cruise Compass pics to post as well. I should have a VZW signal by around midnight tonight. Thanks for all the great comments of encouragement. I love to do "Live" posts, and I will do it again ( as long as I have a connection).......

I will check in later...Thanks for tuning in . ;)

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone...It is 6:30 PM (AtlanticTime) (5:30PM EST)...and we are 124 nm from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.My GPS still shows our arrival time there (Tidewater Area)by 1:30 AM.

On the Nav channel on TV it still shows that we will arrive in Baltimore at 7AM....We will wait and see if they change that.

Here are a few pics from today, and yesterday.

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

7AM this morning....

58393982-7657-028001E0-.jpg

58393995-1daa-028001E0-.jpg

58393999-158e-01E00280-.jpg

Yesterday..just before sailaway from Bermuda

58393970-59a8-028001E0-.jpg

Yesterday in Beautiful Bermuda before Sailaway....

58393965-b369-028001E0-.jpg

Hello there radio!

I would really like some pics of "GRAND SUITE 8510" This will be my 1st grand suite in December and would really like to see some "real" pics!

I saw your other cabin pics....of the grand suite...do you remember which cabin this was? Just curious...if you was still on the ship...thought maybe you could "sneak in there and take a few pics for me!

I would deeply appreciate it!

Radio -

If you have a chance, or if you know already, does the Windjammer on Granduer have "eggs to order" at the omlet station? I've heard different things on different ships, but didn't know what to expect on Granduer.

Also, if you have the opportunity, would you get a spa menu and take a photo to post?

I would be mighty thankful!

Hope debarkation goes smoothly for you. Enjoy your last evening!

Kathy

We can see land , and I have a VZW signal....which means I can post in my cabin now...very nice. We are still 20nm from the Tunnel, I will try to stay up.

soccermomkat...The Windjammer does serve made to order eggs..I will try to get the SPA Menu.

Beachbumkms..I will try to get some pics for you...I have some clients that I booked in GS 8506, and i was trying to get some pics of that cabin as well.....

We are currently travelling at 15.3 nm/hr...at that speed we would be at the Port at 11:30AM. If we travel faster...it would be sooner. I am not sure of the speed this ship can navigate the Chesapeake Bay...

Radio

;) ;)

We can see land , and I have a VZW signal....which means I can post in my cabin now...very nice. We are still 20nm from the Tunnel, I will try to stay up.

soccermomkat...The Windjammer does serve made to order eggs..I will try to get the SPA Menu.

Beachbumkms..I will try to get some pics for you...I have some clients that I booked in GS 8506, and i was trying to get some pics of that cabin as well.....

We are currently travelling at 15.3 nm/hr...at that speed we would be at the Port at 11:30AM. If we travel faster...it would be sooner. I am not sure of the speed this ship can navigate the Chesapeake Bay...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio, will you take a picture of the bridge lights entering the CB? I always loved seeing those lights with the little dark spot in the middle the ship was heading for. Sorry your cruise is on it's way home but it gives you an excuse to book another right?... it's just common sense to me. Thanks for your play by play, it's been great hearing about the ship and your trip!

Thanks for the crazy ivan at the bridge the other day.;)

Fred

Radio,

I am so excited to get on board. You have made this week barable (sp). How bad were you rocking on the way home? You took some beautiful pics. Thank you for sharing. I will look for you at the dock if you have not already gone.;) Take care and thanks again. Please post as soon as you know when you will be in.:cool:

Radio,

I am so excited to get on board. You have made this week barable (sp). How bad were you rocking on the way home? You took some beautiful pics. Thank you for sharing. I will look for you at the dock if you have not already gone. Take care and thanks again. Please post as soon as you know when you will be in.

It was very very rough during the transit from King's Wharf to Cape Henry last night. Grandeur Officers say that there were 15-20m waves...I know that from our cabin on Deck 4, many times the wave heights were higher than our window.

We are currently near James Island (30 nm south of the Bay Bridge) Our current position is N- 38.27.247 W-076.22.835/ According to my GPS. we should arrive at the Bay Bridge by 7:30AM......which will put us 2 hours from being docked at Cruise Maryland Passenger Terminal.

I am sure that soon, the Captain will let all passengers know....

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks-you for your great live posts and pics, I have always enjoyed them and the Grandeur is one of my favorite ships.

Thanks for the nice comments...My next "Live" reports should be on the Empress of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas.....

Radio

;) ;)

Radio, first let me thank you for making this week fun. As much as I love reading CC, there is nothing better than a live review. In your last set of pictures you have a deck shown with the chairs outside, which deck is this. We are currently booked for next year in cabin 7062, if you happen to be near these cabins.........I would love to see a picture. Thanks again for all the great photos and daily updates. Mary

Radio, first let me thank you for making this week fun. As much as I love reading CC, there is nothing better than a live review. In your last set of pictures you have a deck shown with the chairs outside, which deck is this. We are currently booked for next year in cabin 7062, if you happen to be near these cabins.........I would love to see a picture. Thanks again for all the great photos and daily updates. Mary

That is the Promenade Deck on Deck 5....Thanks for the nice comments...:)

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

I have so much enjoyed following your "Live" Broadcast. I just saw you sail by!!!! The Grandeur passed by the Bay Bridge at 7:05 and I think I saw the glint of your camera!! LOL. I was thinking that it would be cool if someone on the next sailing could keep up your "live from the grandeur" for the Western Caribbean itinerary.

I am a bit of a techy myself so I can post some pictures. However, I will be busy most of the time keeping up with my three teenagers.

Anyone else up for it.

Live from the Grandeur Part Duex:

7:05 this morning at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge--- (see Radio on Deck 4?)

grandeur.jpg

We just made it under the Bay Bridge at 7AM...here are some pics...

We should be home in about 2 hours...

Radio

58401706-7e5c-028001E0-.jpg

58401861-f384-02000180-.jpg

58401863-eff1-02000180-.jpg

58401865-f0f3-02000180-.jpg

Great Job, Radio, I have really enjoyed your posts all week. And the pictures really make it seem like your right there too. Thanks so much for taking so much time to post for us- I want you to know it really is appreciated alot. Thanks again. and safe travels home today. take care. Oh.....and I just can't wait till your next cruise!!! ;)

I hope you know how much enjoyment you have brought all of us this past week. You should do this for a living. Virtual Cruiseing, Inc. I con't wait to see the compasses so I can plan every single minute of mine and DH's cruise when we leave on 7/2. Thanks again.

Archived