aussiedisneyfan & keepcruisng have just docked

karmac

Have just taken a pic of Jane & Sandra docking but trying to work out how to put it on here. Please bear with me but in the meantine, I hope they had a great holiday. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Karen

Hi Karmac. Do you know when they are back in Australia? I do hope they had a wonderful time after all they went through before leaving. Looking forward to their reviews and photos.

Hi Guys, we are back on dry land. Currently in Vancouver and about to get on a bus to Seattle. We leave seattle 7.30pm Tuesday night and arrive back in AU on Thursday morning.

Had a wonderful time. Aussie ships are no where near as luxurious and classy as the US ships. At formal night most men had tuxedos and bow ties. Very nice. Of course our hubbys didn't. Keepcruising was impressed I got her hubby in a tie.

It was a fantastic trip. Alaska incredible and the ship awesome. Feel like we haven't slept for the whole 3 weeks. Met some Aussies. One of the activites staff, blackjack dealer and a shop guy were Aussies. Cleaned out the prize pool at trivia and are the proud owners of about 3 dozen luggage tags and lanyards (each!!!)

Here is a link to the archives of us waiting to cruise near hubbard glacier. Look at 2.12.20pm

http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?Value=8&Loc=CS2

Funny you should say that. The wind there was freezing but apart from that it was unseasonally hot. On a glacier they were telling us it was in the 90s (our 30s) on Sat 27/5. We were in tshirts and would have been in shorts that day if we had any.

BTW - AussieDf replying.

Awesome photo - I can only imagine what it was like to be there in person....... :rolleyes: Never mind.... will be there one day.:)

Can you really get right to the front of the ship?? That's one thing you can't do on Aussie ships.

Kym

Thats the heliport at the front of the summit, and they open it to passsengers for special occasions, like the Hubbard Glacier. It's an awsome way to sey the glacier up close.

They were quite good about sights like this one. They captain got as close as he could then did a 360, so that wherever on the ship you were you would get a good look.

But I still say trhe front was the best, we got to watch it as we were getting closer. We even got to see some 'Carving' when some of the glacier falls off into the water.

Archived