Who is the current Concierge on the Radiance

Radiance CD is Kieron Buffery. He was OK, I wasn't too impressed, I had a conversation with him and he wasn't very personable. With that said, I would say he was better than one or two other CD's we've had on other ships in the past. :eek:

There was a young man on the CD staff that was on his very first voyage...he joined the ship in Hilo, cute red head from NC, I think his name was Bryan?? I was giving him advise, he thought that was cool! :D

Pierce was GREAT!!!! ;)

Hi there~~

We sailed on the Radiance on the March 12th cruise. Willie was the Concierge with an assist from Mike at the bar of the Hollywood Odyssey, which was used for the evening Concierge Lounge.

This was Willie's last sailing before going on leave to visit with his family for a while. I do not recall the date that he said he would be back, but his intentions at that time were to return to the Radiance. I wonder whether he has.

Leslie

Radiance CD is Kieron Buffery. He was OK, I wasn't too impressed, I had a conversation with him and he wasn't very personable. With that said, I would say he was better than one or two other CD's we've had on other ships in the past. :eek:

There was a young man on the CD staff that was on his very first voyage...he joined the ship in Hilo, cute red head from NC, I think his name was Bryan?? I was giving him advise, he thought that was cool! :D

Pierce was GREAT!!!! ;)

Well duhhhhh! :eek: I misread your topic, I thought it was CD not Concierge! Thats what I get for trying to post during a 2 minute work break.:D

We were on the Radiance a couple weeks ago. It was the first time we could use the concierge/lounge, but in our experience it wasn't anything special. Since there were so many people they closed the concierge lounge itself and moved it up to the Hollywood lounge. Although I understand the need to move it, it woud have been nice to just walk down the hall to the lounge instead of going up 2-3 floors. We went up to the Hollywood/Concierge lounge the first night to have a light snack. We just walked in with no one checking who was who. Since you didn't need your concierge key, and with the doors wide open you just walked in. Anyway, there was nothing left to eat so we left. We did try again a few nights later and were able to grab a snack. But again we just walked in.

The "real" concierge lounge was open in the mornings. It was nice to walk down the hall to grab your morning coffee. That was about the only benefit of concierge service we used. One morning there was a casually dressed RCI employee at the desk with her face burried in some paperwork. Someone asked if she was the concierge, but she said no. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you who the concierge is since we never saw him/her.

Maxxboy, I sure hate to hear the concierge lounge on the ROS has gone down hill. When Wille was the concierge he was almost always there with a friendly greeting or helpful suggestion. There was always plenty of snacks in the evening with excellent adult beveragesin the Hollywood Lounge. I was affaird Willie would be shipped to one of the newer bigger ships like the freedom and it sounds like that might have happended. I'm sure we will get other reports before our cruise in September to Hawaii.

Bill

We were on the Radiance a couple weeks ago. It was the first time we could use the concierge/lounge, but in our experience it wasn't anything special. Since there were so many people they closed the concierge lounge itself and moved it up to the Hollywood lounge. Although I understand the need to move it, it woud have been nice to just walk down the hall to the lounge instead of going up 2-3 floors. We went up to the Hollywood/Concierge lounge the first night to have a light snack. We just walked in with no one checking who was who. Since you didn't need your concierge key, and with the doors wide open you just walked in. Anyway, there was nothing left to eat so we left. We did try again a few nights later and were able to grab a snack. But again we just walked in.

The "real" concierge lounge was open in the mornings. It was nice to walk down the hall to grab your morning coffee. That was about the only benefit of concierge service we used. One morning there was a casually dressed RCI employee at the desk with her face burried in some paperwork. Someone asked if she was the concierge, but she said no. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you who the concierge is since we never saw him/her.

:( Oh, this is not sounding good. Actually it is rather distressing to me. Wasn't there a folder in your room on the first day with a letter from whoever is now the Concierge on the Radiance? This would give us some clue.....

I very much hope that someone can post with some current information.

Leslie

I was on the Radiance May 7 thru 21 and they had both the concierge and the hollywood oddesy up anjd running. the concierge while willie is on vacation was Angela and Mike ran the oddesy. Mike went on vacation on the 22 nd and will be back in mid July. Willie is coming back as soon as his vacation is over. Angela will be going bavck to guest relations. If Mike is there when you are sailing tell him hi from the vodka and red bull lady.

Wasn't there a folder in your room on the first day with a letter from whoever is now the Concierge on the Radiance?

There was a name (don't remember the name) printed at the bottom of the letter, but we never saw him/her. Maybe we caught them on a bad week. Perhaps when whoever gets back from vacation things will improve. As the saying goes, When the cat's away the mice will play!

we just returned from 2 weeks on the Radiance, and Angela had a medical emergency, and Carola, and Mark took care of us, while we were expecting Willie, they did a great job and we had a wonderful time, got on in San Diego and went up to Vancouver and then on to Alaska, what an experience, the Radiance, in my opinion, still has the friendliest staff , and yes Willie is due back on June 10th, met many great people in the conceiger lounge, have a great cruise

Archived