Port Canaveral Departure: Where to Stay?!

aearly

Inshape / or any suggestions:

We (party of 8) are flying into Orlando the day before our cruise. We want to go to Universal. Should we rent a van? And if so would we be able to drop off by the pier the next day? Any suggestions of a good hotel by Universal..And then I am guessing we would need transfers back to the airport at the end of the cruise. (We wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center first). Not sure if we can make this happen. Any input will be appreciated !

Thanks

Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty all have rental offices at the airport and near the pier. Check with these companies to see which will offer you the best deal for your van rental.

Which cruise line are you on? Some of the cruise lines offer a shore excursion to the Kennedy Space Center prior to returning to the airport. Check with your cruise line to see what post cruise shore excursions are offered.

I used Thrifty and used a Disney Mousesaver coupon code... YOU too can use it.... There are 6 of us (all women = more luggage!)

Go to:

http://www.thrifty.com

Under OPTIONS enter:

Corporate Code# 004M001010

You will be AMAZED at the savings....

Thrifty offered the biggest savings for our fall 2007 trip. I believe the discount code is still available. I booked in January.

All of you may want to keep in mind the is a very small area. Cape Canaveral touches Cocoa Beach and from the begining of one to the end of the other is only about 5 miles. Most of the hotel chains have some sort of cruise package. Many its free parking and a cheap shuttle. It is a great value as it is $12.00 a day at the port.

We are going to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. Whatever hotel you choose, you should make your reservation months in advance to get a good price for a room. When we booked the room we got a price of $89.00. Now the price has gone up to around $125.00 a nite. I would imagine that they have so many rooms at a lower price.

We are going to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. Whatever hotel you choose, you should make your reservation months in advance to get a good price for a room. When we booked the room we got a price of $89.00. Now the price has gone up to around $125.00 a nite. I would imagine that they have so many rooms at a lower price.

Archived