11 night menu question

offwego

On a cruise longer than a week, do they add new menus or just repeat some? For instance 2 nights they do the Presidents dinner?

Are there two lobster nights?

This will be on the Star if that makes a difference.

Julia

On our 11-night cruises on the Wind, the menu has been different each evening. However, now that the "new" menus are in place I cannot say for sure if the menus will be different each evening. We will find out in Sept. when we cruise on the Wind once again.

On our recent Dawn cruise, the menus were different each evening in the main dining rooms. I'm not sure if that would be the case on the Wind, although the new menu I believe is fleet wide.

Enjoy the Wind and the food on your cruise!!!

1754552890_SmileyFeedMe.gif.1be0e17f079f90e08c807ea9d0f6247d.gif

When did the new menu start? We were on the Spirit and Dream last summer so would the menus this time on the Star be different? Is there a place I could view the new ones?

Thanks

Julia

On a cruise longer than a week, do they add new menus or just repeat some? For instance 2 nights they do the Presidents dinner?

Are there two lobster nights?

This will be on the Star if that makes a difference.

Julia

Different menu ever night - President's Menu is no more :(

Here is a link to Ten days from the Dawn. They have changed some and you might want to check the Star menus in my prior post.

http://community.webshots.com/user/nj_cruisers

Thanks so much! I thought they were the same on each ship. Why did they change the menus?

They are about the same on all NCL ships. The menus started in Jan of this year. They are a work in progress trying to adjust to changing tastes of today's cruisers. Less red meat, more seafood and chichen. The first pass meet mixed reviews. So much so that NCL hired a new VP of Food and Beverage in April.

April 17, 2006 - NCL Corporation ("NCL") today announced the appointment of Claude Boudoux as its new vice president, food and beverage, effective immediately. Boudoux comes to NCL with a distinguished and varied food & beverage resume.

The "new" menu does offer a lot of chicken and fish choices which is fine with us. The prime rib on the first night (formal) on the Star (Mex Riv) was very good as were all the dinners I tried. There is always a pasta and a vegetarian offering, as well as a "cooking light" selection. The cooking light meals were very tasty.

I also really missed the President's Dinner. Actually, I was shocked by its disappearance. My all time favorite dessert on NCL was the Floating Islands meringue dessert on this night. It is the stuff that my dreams were made of :D ....but alas no more. Maybe one of the higher-ups at NCL is reading this and will bring it back as the new menu is refined.

I, too, loved the President's Dinner. The soups and salads were great...I'd just order a couple of each and forgo the entree. NCL waitstaff never blinks an eye. Love them.

My understanding is that menu was licensed. It expired. :(

Archived