crusiin Hawaii

jlaa1

I have heard you really don't need to book island excursion since we are on each island all day. Any advice from past Hawaiian cruiser? We are planning on going the first week in Aug. Anyone have any favorite places to go on any of the islands? We are going on a budget. This will be our 2nd cruise, we went on NCL in March on the Texarribean cruise. I basically went to see Cancun, which we didn't, extra day at sea. I was not thrilled at all with the cruise! So I am trying it again with ncl.

You don't have to do excursions to enjoy Hawaii. I would recommend you read these boards before you feel that you won't do any excursions, because some people enjoy them more than doing their own thing- watersports, horseback riding, etc.

I personally recommend renting a car in Hilo. There is a post on here somewhere where someone asks what they can see in one day. With a car, you can go to Volcanoes National Park, you can visit some waterfalls and some other sights. You could also rent a car in Kaui and go to Waimea Canyon (check spelling). You could skip a car and excursions in Kona, and use the shoppers free shuttles to see the area, or just walk. Maui has some kind of shuttles to Lahaina.

Read the posts. I make these suggestions, but I did excursions. I had a great time, mostly toured and snorkeled. Next time, I want to bike down the mountain in Maui, rent a car in Hilo to see friends, do a watersports (scuba) excursion in Kona.

Archived