Disability link

Hi Everyone -- we are a Scots couple who are both polio disabled. We are taking our first ever cruise on the " Legend of the Seas " from Southampton on 9th September. We were just wondering if a link exists for any questions to be asked from a disability perspective. We are just so excited, but also very keen to " sort out " any potential problems, which might potentially spoil the enjoyment. Many thanks in advance for any answers. Killie.

Hi Killlie,

I just returned from Mariner of the Seas...not the same class of ship as yours...but I was given a cabin reserved for the disabled as this was all they had left three weeks ago when we booked. I hope you asked for this type of cabin. You will not be disappointed. It was twice as large as normal ocean view cabins, the doorway was larger, the bathroom was very large and had all the necessary hand rail assists, etc. Also, it was located near the elevators so the walk was short. I also saw many "scooters" on board for those needing help getting around. Enjoy your crusie...we went out of Southhampton last summer and enjoyed it.

JohnRobert

Archived