A Few Questions...

I am fairly new to cruising (I've been on 2 others, but I hardly remember them since I was so young), and I can't wait until my honeymoon on the Freedom on July 2!!! I have a few questions that I'm sure you experienced cruisers (and those that have already been on the Freedom) would be able to answer.

1. How do you use the internet on the boat? Do you have to bring your own laptop? Do you have to pay?

2. Can you use your cell phones on board, or do they have phones for you to use?

3. Can I bring my own bottled water and soda aboard?

Thanks so much everyone! I hope I get to see some of you on the Freedom on July 2!

Sarah

200607020200_13.gif

*********************************************all_inclusive_resorts/dream_resorts.html]Dream Resorts: All Inclusive[/url]

1. Internet is not free and they have designated spots for internet use

2. They do have phones in each room the cost is like $7.95 per minute, however Freedom has cell phone capabilities. The first cruise on Freedom is now so we will see soon enough how that works. Check the boards.

3. They have soda cards that cover the whole week, its a great plan if you are going to to drink alot of soda. They typically dont let you bring drinks of any kind on but you might as well try. I bring bottles of wine on every trip.

Good luck, I'm on the same cruise!

1. The internet is not free. The cost is $.50 per minute but there are packages that you can buy for less. You don't need to bring your own laptop as there is an internet cafe you can use. If you want to bring your own laptop, there are wireless hotspots.

2. Freedom has a cell phone tower. I think it is provided by Cingular, and the cost is something like $1.99 per minute, more if you use a different carrier. There are phones in each stateroom which you can use to call home (via satellite) the cost is $7.95 per minute. If you are wanting to keep in touch with other people traveling with you, you would be better of using walkie talkies instead of cell phones. If the objective is to call home, it will be cheaper to wait until you get to port, buy a cheap phone card in the port, and then call home that way. Emailing home is the cheapest option.

3. Yes, you can bring your own bottled water aboard and soda. But for the bottled water, I recommend only bring a few bottles and just refilling them as the water on board ship is better than most bottled waters you can find.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the cost for cingular service is $1.99 a minute. I am assuming that is for voice service.

Did anyone try text messaging on their cell phone? How much does it cost?

This would be a great way to let someone know where you are. Just text back "pool," "gym," "theatre," "dinner", etc.

I am booked on Freedom in January and my friends have talked about ways to stay in touch since the ship is so big. We thought up the walkie talkies, but text messaging would be much easier, provided it doesn't cost an arm and an leg.

Archived